× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4 wheel drive light flashing

More
15 Oct 2024 21:29 #257895 by Lloyd
Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows why my 4wd light may be flashing, I have replaced all of the vaccume lines top to bottom to ensure there are no leaks, and the drive shaft towards the front also locks, however when I try to use 4wd my light still flashes thankyou 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2024 22:39 #257896 by DrRobin
Did you have a look at the wiki, it has a great section on fault finding the 4WD system, here

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/4WD...-_transfer_box_fault

You will get a flashing light if no vacuum is detected on the lock side, perhaps your vacuum switch is faulty if the hubs are engaging (locks the front wheels to the diff and front drive shaft)

You also get a flashing light if the transfer case switch doesn’t send a positive signal to the 4WD controller. The switch itself can stick and 5he wiring is exposed and sometimes gets snagged.

You mentioned your front drive shaft is locking and if both front hubs are also locking, it’s likely to be either the vacuum switch or the transfer case switch which is faulty.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
16 Oct 2024 12:49 #257907 by Lloyd
Replied by Lloyd on topic 4 wheel drive light flashing
Hi mate I have no drive at front wheels so I’m unsure whether the hubs are locking me and my mate are going to have a more in depth look later on today thankyou

More
16 Oct 2024 19:45 #257923 by DrRobin
If the front drive shaft is engaging, but the front hubs aren’t locking, then it is most likely a vacuum leak. Do the hubs click when you engage 4WD?

Jacking each wheel in turn and checking is the best way to know if the hubs are locking or not.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds