× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suzuki Jimny 2000 G13BB Power Loss at Low Revs

More
11 Oct 2024 20:57 - 11 Oct 2024 21:03 #257852 by dimiras
Hi everyone,I’m having an issue with my 2000 Suzuki Jimny and could really use some help. The car runs well in general, but I’ve noticed it loses power at low revs only when the O2 sensor is connected.
If I disconnect the O2 sensor, the car runs perfectly fine without any noticeable power loss.
To try and fix the issue, I replaced the O2 sensor with a new one from Pierburg, but the problem is still there.
Additionally, the wiring for the O2 sensor from the car itself was damaged, so I fitted a new plug following the Jimny wiring diagram from the service manuals. Despite this, I’m still experiencing the same power loss when the sensor is connected.

Is this correct? Just to confirm are the pins numbered looking at the front or backside of the plug?
Could there be something else in the system causing the O2 sensor to malfunction, or could it be related to the ECU, spark or fueling?
Has anyone experienced something similar, or can suggest what I should check next?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Last edit: 11 Oct 2024 21:03 by dimiras.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds