× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Which typy of engine will be for my Suzuki jimny 1,3 m13a with VVTI

More
25 Sep 2024 07:38 #257674 by Marcinkowski
Which engine would be a good swap for my 2006 Suzuki Jimny? It currently has a 1.3L M13A with VVT. There are many potential engines that could be swapped in, but I need to know which one would require the least modifications. Can you tell me which car and years I can get an engine from that would require minimal modifications? I'm considering the SX4, but which one? Or perhaps the Grand Vitara II 1.6? What should I look for when buying such an engine? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2024 14:14 #257680 by fordem
What is the reason for the swap?

The easiest swap will be the exact same engine, an M13a with VVT, so if what you're looking for is to replace a worn out engine, that would be the way to go.

More
26 Sep 2024 10:46 #257692 by yakuza
If you are looking for hp the m16 is the easiset. Donor engine should be also VVT and from the same period so the ingition and wiring is compatible for the least amount of trouble.
There are differnet specs and model names for suzuki cars in differnet markets but I guess european ones are mostly the same.
I used a Liana long block and reused the m13 intake, exhaust manifold, oil pan, valve cover, dip stick, auxhiliarys, wiring++ mostly everything except the m16 engine block and top.
the injectors are the M16's.

by googling "bigjimny m13 m16 engine swap" you should find many threads on this forum on the subject.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds