× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Throttle body adjustment

More
28 Aug 2024 14:59 #257364 by Bennyb7
Good Day All,

The short version is- does anyone know how to properly adjust the screw settings on a gen 2 throttle body?
picture attached
I see three adjustment screws, labeled in the picture 1, 2, and 3. Can anyone tell me the function of each. Also, there is the throttle position sensor on the other side- is there a trick to properly installing or calibrating that?

Reason I'm asking is I know they were fiddled with by a mechanic who worked on the vehicle and now the only way I can get the engine to idle under 1k rpm is by having screw 2 set almost completely clockwise, but then the engine misfires constantly. Like 2 times a second. I have a replacement idle throttle control valve on the way, but I have suspicion to believe that's not even the issue.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds