BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Oops…

More
11 Jan 2024 10:23 #253427 by lesgrandepotato
Oops… was created by lesgrandepotato
So with the SJ out of action, I took Claire’s Jimmy on the red rose green lane run in the lakes. 
Good day out, but at the bottom of the fox trying to weave between some big boulders I dropped down on the drivers side and had a bit of a crunch. 
The upshot to this is that the door no longer opens properly… the leading edge is catching on the wing. Any thoughts on what’s bent and how to release it? Have yet to pull off the trim and see what’s going down. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2024 10:34 #253428 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Oops…
It's. Very difficult to say without seeing the vehicle or understanding what got thumped as you dropped in the hole. The easiest bit to move would be the wing in my opinion as it's bolted on. After that it gets more expensive and difficult to correct. 
So how are the panel gaps around the wing and front, is it possible it's moved back towards the door? Hopefully it's not the vehicle frame that's moved. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
11 Jan 2024 10:37 #253429 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Oops…
I assume that most of the prang was centered on the front wing that has been pushed back to jam against the door. Hopefully this crunch has not affected the "A" pillar. Some pics would be helpful.

Roger

More
11 Jan 2024 11:06 #253430 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Oops…
I bent the front outrigger on a SJ once, tied it to a block of concrete and backed up until it was "straight".
Not so easy on the Jimny as the body has more panels and plastic. Probably you bumped the front cowl up and back and it should be yanked forward.
If you are lucky you can adjust the fender enough to cover it. depends on all the other gaps as said before here.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds