BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2003 Wiring Diagram JLX

More
29 Nov 2023 11:05 #252455 by Phaeton
I've bought a Chinese universal central locking unit with fobs, I fitted one to the Shogun & it's still working perfectly 2 years later so thought I'd put on on the newly acquired Jimny. Is there a wiring diagram available anywhere or is it a multimeter probing wires job?

Does the C/L only work on the drivers door? On the Shogun all the keyloaks work so it was easy to fit the unit in the rear door, but if the Jimny only works on the drivers door then that's where it's going to have to be fitted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2023 12:35 - 29 Nov 2023 12:36 #252463 by Phaeton
Replied by Phaeton on topic 2003 Wiring Diagram JLX
Just to add I've braved the cold & the C/L only works using the key on the drivers door, so it looks like the panel will have to come off unless I can get to the wires under the dash, but again without a diagram it's going to be fun.

Another one I've found is that the interior light is off in off, but on constantly on in both door & on position, so that appears to be getting an earth from somewhere, another job for the weekend, assuming it's not raining & the MOT man doesn't find anything tomorrow
Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 12:36 by Phaeton.

More
29 Nov 2023 13:44 - 29 Nov 2023 14:19 #252468 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic 2003 Wiring Diagram JLX
When I did mine I just checked the colors of the wires goint into/out of/thru the door switch panel and then the ones coming from the door loom under the dash, and measured the Volts until I found the one to hook on to.

More troublesome is the minus switched blinkers and the positive signal coming from the chinese box. I tried hooking it up for a while but ended up hooking it up to my LED work lights on the roof as they where the only thing that could recieve a positive signal, and the switch on the dash next to the chinese box.

The switch in the dome light is often bad and loose parts inside. They can be glued and/or bent to sit better. I got a few new ones with mirror integrated but those are in Norway.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2023 14:19 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dafyddcoch, Phaeton

More
29 Nov 2023 16:12 #252478 by Phaeton
Thank you for that, I have never come across a switched negative indicator system, I've come across negative high/low on headlights, you can get around them with a couple of relays or a relay & a couple of diodes.

Hopefully the weather improves for the weekend, you guys in Norway are used to it, I'm getting too old to be working on cars outside in minus degrees.

More
30 Nov 2023 08:40 #252494 by Phaeton
I have found this one online, issuu.com/valdirsoares/docs/jimny-wiringdiagrammanual_99512_81a my SysAdmin also managed to acquire it as a PDF if anybody wants it, it is 54Mb in size.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds