BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Exhaust backbox/backbox delete

More
26 May 2023 18:03 #249305 by Basketcase
Does anyone have a different back box than the standard one on their Jim? I’ve seen the lamberts ones but it says they’re a bit loud, does anyone know how loud they actually are. Mines a daily driver but soft top so not sure I’d hear it too much with the noise of the roof 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2023 19:41 #249306 by Scimike
I've got a custom made one, not too loud, nice high performance jap engined car sound. Slightly embarrassing when it's the Jimny making the sound, but I like it.
It's my daily drive / mile muncher, so the advantage of getting it made is I actually discussed my wants with the chap that made it, and he's spot on.
Must be a similar service local to you, just a suggestion.

Sorry for the picture, but it's so well made it's sort of sad no one can see it on the car.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
27 May 2023 08:51 #249312 by Soeley
If you can get to a Demontweeks, they make custom exhausts. I had a Cat back ome for my previous car. Choice of backbox, and tailpipe and even how fat it sticks out.

More
27 May 2023 16:30 #249314 by Basketcase
Don’t fancy spending that much money on it, is demontweeks near Chester? For all it’s my daily driver I just want something a bit better than a standard box as I can fit it all myself on a ramp in work…tho k it’s starting to need a cat as well got a lovely smell coming in when the roof is down 

More
29 May 2023 07:37 #249328 by jackonlyjack
I used a proton savvy centre section 
2 bolt  Flange each end
But you need to re weld to make fit 

More
31 May 2023 09:07 #249361 by Basketcase
Don’t have the time to weld bits for it or I’d get bigger diameter pipe and make one up just want something that makes it sound a bit better and possibly make it a bit faster.

More
31 May 2023 12:17 #249362 by yakuza
The most constriction happens in the front, at the pre heated cat, the next cat, and the insulated pipe between them. So i would not expect any speed :)

By removing the broken cat no 1, changing the insulated pipe for a wider one, and swapping the constricted cat no 2 for a better flowing one, I can feel some improvement. But most of it is the 1.6 engine.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds