× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Trailmaster 50mm lift needs new shocks.

More
25 Jul 2023 14:55 #249990 by yakuza
Finally a reply, saying that i get a refund.
Still only in german so without the other pay pal mail i would not be so sure.
Even though all my mails to them have been in english.

Thinking I might Try that with our customers at my work, only replies in Norwegian no matter what language they use. :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NelsonB, Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2023 20:51 #249994 by TrondK
Yakuza, I bought a trailmaster liftkit as these were the only ones I could find with TUV that gave a 2" lift. I couldn't find anyone in Germany that would ship to Norway, but they ship happily within the EU, so I had them sent to the Netherlands, and family brought them with them when they came on vacation. Alternatively, if you live reasonably close to the border, you could ship poste restante to Sweden.
I bought from 4-wheel-parts.de, customer service is excellent, and they communicate in English.

More
25 Jul 2023 20:58 #249995 by yakuza
On, Thanks, I could try that. But they where willing to send when I ordered, but not at all able it seems.
Anyways there are no other EU country that have any problem with shipping to Norway, ever.
But I am done with germany now. No more.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
26 Sep 2023 07:13 - 26 Sep 2023 07:18 #251020 by yakuza
Note to self or others with the same problem as Trailmaster is now made of unobtainium as said elsewhere in here.
KYB 343435 dampers for Suzuki Grand Vitara II can fit. More or less the same ends and correct length it seems from the KYB catalogue.

My only concern is the rear axle weigth of a Grand Vitara is 1210kg and my Jimny is 790kg. 
Still it is the better way as these might work like a heavy duty kit. 
( I had Corsa dampers on my SJ once and that was way off :D )   

I have a pair ordered on the way and will come back when mounted.

If they do not work as expected I can still sell them to someone in the suzuki community with the correct car.

Last edit: 26 Sep 2023 07:18 by yakuza.

More
26 Sep 2023 08:23 - 26 Sep 2023 08:23 #251021 by mlines
For future reference I have just started suppling these.

We have given up on Trailmaster and have been looking for a suitable replacement to stock. James has these as a kit on his new Gen4. The ride is slightly less soft than the Trailmasters which reduces the roll compare to Trailmaster, they seem to deal with the potholes and sleeping policemen quite will at an initial test. (we have only had them fitted since last week)

I can get the shock/springs separately.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Sep 2023 08:23 by mlines.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds