BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gear shift spring

More
03 Mar 2023 15:36 #247865 by spotdoc67
Gear shift spring was created by spotdoc67
Hi
Ive got the gear stick and linkage out of my 2006 Jimny and have found this broken spring at the base of my gear stick. I’ve looked at the parts catalogue and can’t see the spring on the diagrams which seems odd
does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
many thanks Tom 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Mar 2023 19:05 #247874 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gear shift spring
If it's available Martin in the shop in the top banner will be able to organise you.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
04 Mar 2023 14:54 #247890 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Gear shift spring
Many vehicle manufacturers don't supply individual parts in what they consider assemblies that should not be disassembled, and I've seen Suzuki do this with the shift lever assemblies.

In my case the vehicle was a GV which has a spring similar to the one shown, and as in your case, the spring is not supplied separately, you should be able to get the complete lever new, you can try sourcing it used, or finding a substitute spring and "twisting" it into position.

It's not a really critical part, any spring with a similar diameter, length & stiffness can be used - a few ounces more (or less) force shouldn't create any problems.

I've not yet run into a broken spring in a shifter but I have done a number of fixes on shifters by finding/fabricating substitute parts, I draw the line at forking out a few hundred dollars for a complete shift lever when the problem can be solved for ten bucks or so worth of rubber.

More
04 Mar 2023 17:14 #247892 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Gear shift spring
The gearstick is a whole unit unfortunately so you cannot get the individual parts

Martin

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds