BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Aftermarket Exhaust Manifold

More
16 Feb 2023 09:08 #247648 by XTOPERMAN
Hi All,
Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket Jimny Exhaust Manifolds that are available to purchase at a much cgheaper price than OEM parts, actually allow for the original Manifold Heatshield to be fitted? My preference is to refit the manifold heatshield if possible but just wondered if anyone can confirm if any of the aftermarket manifold sections allow for this?
Mine is a 2005 VVT M13A engined Jimny with the sensor on the manifold.
Also does anyone recommend a good make/quality aftermarket exhaust manifold section?
I have seen the BM Catalysts BM91807H Exhaust Catalytic Converter With Fitting Kit on sale that appear to be well priced. Has anyone had any experience of these or perhaps any stainless steel exhaust manifolds for a 2005 VVT M13A Jimny?
Cheers.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2023 12:19 #247649 by DrRobin
I fitted BM CATs to my other vehicle, they appear well made.

BM Cats make pipes and CATs in 409 Stainless, not sure how good it is, but will be better than some exhaust steels. However, they don't make a backbox in this grade, but EEC do.

There are a couple of different arrangements of pipes and bends (fittings), the best advice is buy all of the parts together, unless you can correctly identify the different pieces. The EEC backbox I want has a straight fitting, but my existing backbox is a 90 degree bend, so I need the intermediate pipe as well.

I will probably go for a full system, the CATs are probably shot as well and might have to cut the old exhaust off.

There was another post last Nov, I put all of the part numbers I am thinking about in the thread.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...mediate-exhaust-pipe

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: XTOPERMAN

More
01 Mar 2023 22:15 #247830 by XTOPERMAN
Many thanks Robin, very much appreciated.
Cheers, David

More
20 Mar 2023 20:45 #248133 by Ritchtea
Thanks for this Robin!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a difference between the exhaust manifolds on pre and post VVT M13 engines? I'm needing to replace my one, 54 plate, pre VVT. It's blowing quite badly between cylinders 1 and 2, looks like it's cracked right on the weld. I've gun gummed for the meantime but know that a complete exhaust system is on the horizon and just trying to get a price in my head!

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds