BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

AUD$25 DIN2 fascia for 2018 Jimny

More
04 Dec 2022 21:14 #246223 by GreyJimny
There is a DIN2 fascia being widely advertised on Ebay for AUD$25 and I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with it? 

The cutout for the screen doesn't seem to be square, but wider at top.  However a quick Google search shows lots of other (non Jimny) fascias are also flared like this. Are there two types of stereo screens, square and flared? 

Eg here is a flared fascia for Hyundai.  

wavehertz.com/shop/automotive-accessorie...uidic-stereo-fascia/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Dec 2022 04:21 #246225 by Lambert
I think that's an optical illusion as double din is a true rectangle.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Dec 2022 14:41 #246232 by DrRobin
As Lambert says, Double DIN is a rectangle, not flared. The picture, once zoomed in does seem to show a slight 'flare' if it is really like that, then I suspect it is because the recess is greater at the top, so they have to flare it out a bit to allow radios to fit correctly.

The Gen 3 Jimnys had a slightly unusual double DIN radio in that it had round corners and nearly all head units have square corners. However, if you are fitting a new fascia then rounded corners aren't a problem.

Shown in the following picture is my Xtrons Double DIN head unit with rounded corners, a bit of a special that they don't seem to make any longer.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2022 14:53 #246233 by DrRobin
I have just realised that image I posted above looks flared, so I went and measured the width, top and bottom, less than 1mm difference with a ruler, the picture must have been taken from slightly above to make it appear to be flared.

The outer of the fascia is flared, so this also contributes to the illusion.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds