BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Spark plug wear

More
10 Aug 2022 15:26 #244489 by slickfonzy
Spark plug wear was created by slickfonzy
Hi all, I have a 2013 Jimny with only 27k miles on the clock. Although it's low mileage, the service history is patchy, so I've been giving it a long overdue service. Had the plugs out today, all look OK apart from a deposit on the ground electrodes opposite the centre electrodes. Is that normal for iridium plugs? Have these got some more miles left in them, or should I be sticking some new ones in there? I would assume these are the original plugs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Aug 2022 17:42 #244490 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Spark plug wear
Those look fine to me.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slickfonzy

More
10 Aug 2022 17:44 #244491 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Spark plug wear
The plugs look okay to me, nothing amiss. There is some burn marks on the insulator which might be just age or could indicate running a little hot, but could also indicate a leak or wear on the integrity of the plugs.

There are similar to the plugs I took out of my 2011 with 65k miles, I cleaned them, checked the gap and put them back in, my Jimny ran better, but I checked the price on replacements and they weren’t expensive so went for a new set about 2 weeks later. The old plugs I had cleaned came out good aswhen they went back in, so there was probably nothing wrong wit hem once cleaned.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: slickfonzy

More
11 Aug 2022 09:26 #244496 by slickfonzy
Replied by slickfonzy on topic Spark plug wear
Thanks both, much appreciated!

More
13 Aug 2022 08:37 - 13 Aug 2022 08:38 #244522 by grumyoldjoe
Replied by grumyoldjoe on topic Spark plug wear
Just checked my notes and my plugs have been in since I bought the car brand new in 2013. Just approaching 70,000 miles

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it
Last edit: 13 Aug 2022 08:38 by grumyoldjoe.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds