BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fuel smell from near the charcoal canister tank on a hot day

More
28 Jul 2022 21:18 #244280 by avehbiaslanturk
Hi the best community in the world,
I have a 2009 Suzuki Jimny at about 144.000km. Today was a really hot day (41 degrees) and the A/C was open. After the heavy traffic, I noticed the smell of gasoline inside the vehicle. When I opened the hood and checked, I found that the smell was coming from near this tank. No steam or leaks were visible but there is a serious fuel smell both inside the vehicle and near this tank. Also there is a pressure inside the fuel tank.
What may be the problem? What should I check?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Jul 2022 06:26 #244284 by Lambert
Err it could be a blocked breather to the fuel tank? Not had this personally. Thing is fuel vapour has to come from somewhere so check all the joints and pipes for good condition.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: avehbiaslanturk

More
31 Jul 2022 12:11 #244323 by avehbiaslanturk

Err it could be a blocked breather to the fuel tank? Not had this personally. Thing is fuel vapour has to come from somewhere so check all the joints and pipes for good condition.

First of all, thanks Lambert.
But when I get close to the tank, the smell is very intense. Is there a fault in the solenoid valve of the tank?
By the way, where exactly are the fuel pipes?

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds