BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Suggested position for extra water temp sensor on G13BB?

More
17 Jun 2022 07:51 #243744 by Tango91
Howdy.

I’ve picked up a digital temperature sensor for my Jimny because after it’s head gasket episode  I don’t trust the cooling system as far as I can throw it and the factory gauge is very vague.

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for where I should drill and tap for the sensor to go on a G13BB? Preferably on  the engine side of the thermostat, I was thinking the thermostat housing?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2022 11:15 #243747 by Old Neil

Tango91 wrote: Howdy.

I’ve picked up a digital temperature sensor for my Jimny because after it’s head gasket episode  I don’t trust the cooling system as far as I can throw it and the factory gauge is very vague.

i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for where I should drill and tap for the sensor to go on a G13BB? Preferably on  the engine side of the thermostat, I was thinking the thermostat housing?

Thanks!

I fitted a small temperature sensor on my previous jimny, 1/8mpt thread, were the thermostat housing bolts on to the front of that there is a flat spot not very big, have to be careful cutting fluid a must

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tango91

More
18 Jun 2022 08:10 #243761 by Tango91

More
18 Jun 2022 08:25 #243763 by mlines
Fit a "dual station temperature sender"

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds