BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Service light Gen4

More
07 May 2022 20:22 #243250 by mlines
Service light Gen4 was created by mlines
My gen4 service light has come on 5 weeks early. This is it's first service

James' Jimny service light came on around 10 days before it's services were due.

We did a quick backwards calculation to see if the dealer had PDI it early. However we have pictures of it fully packed/sealed in the compound only a couple of days before we collected it mid June. Before that it would have been in the port ( we know the first batch sat in port a while before clearance was given to release them. )

I don't believe the service indicator is usage related on the Jimny but is simply time based.

What's anyone elses experience?

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2022 16:02 #243265 by Trakito1
Replied by Trakito1 on topic Service light Gen4
Exact same thing happened to mine Martin. Will turn 1 year old ion July 1. This worried me so I took it to the dealer in Ash who said not to worry about it. The Suzuki service indicator is not as sophisticated as other makes, so apparently is just a reminder. Reset it and asked to come back for first service in July.
Checked oil level which seemed the same from the time I took delivery last year.

More
08 May 2022 19:53 #243268 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Service light Gen4
I don't recall seeing my service light come on at all for the 3 services it has had. I collected her on the 15 Jan 2019 and have manage to get the service booked in within a couple of days either side of that date.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds