BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front and rear speaker options for Gen4 Jimny

• mcgarnicle
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2022 00:42 #242325 by mcgarnicle
Hi All,

I've been looking through a few posts on this forum and some youtube clips where some have installed the Pioneer TS-G1320F speakers in the front and rear using the factory speaker mounting kit. Has anyone tried any other 5.25inch speakers? I was thinking of the Rockford Fosgate T152 for the front and rear but notice the mounting depth is 52mm compared to 40mm for the abovementioned Pioneer speakers. Does anyone know if the Rockford Fosgate's will fit using the factory speaker mounting kit?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Mar 2022 11:31 - 15 Mar 2022 11:32 #242329 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic Front and rear speaker options for Gen4 Jimny
Not sure if they fit, but the factory mounting kit is thin pressed steel, you should easily be able to drill additional holes to mount them if required.

Edit: I have the Pioneers front and back and an aftermarket head unit and they sound significantly better than stock in both volume and quality of sound. 
Last edit: 15 Mar 2022 11:32 by MrPaynterZA.

• mcgarnicle
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2022 01:04 - 16 Mar 2022 01:05 #242340 by mcgarnicle
Replied by mcgarnicle on topic Front and rear speaker options for Gen4 Jimny
Thanks, I'll give it a go!
Which aftermarket head unit did you go with?
Last edit: 16 Mar 2022 01:05 by mcgarnicle.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds