BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

jimny body lift question

More
12 May 2009 19:55 #683 by jonplace
are the jimny bumpers fixed to the body or the chassis like the vits ?
i'm currently running a rhino ray 2 1/2 inch sus lift but the addition of 205/80/16 muds has led to a fair bit of wheel arch scrubbing. i've already trimmed a fair bit off but theres still quite a bit of scrubbing going on, so the decision now is to trim even more (which i dont want to do) or raise the body by 2"
i was just wondering about the bumpers
so shall i trim or lift ? what do you think ?
cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2009 04:32 #684 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:jimny body lift question
Mine already had the bumpers removed when I got it so I have never played with the plastic bumpers. I am pretty sure that bumpers fit to mounting holes along the body panel edges, which would mean that they would lift along with the body.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
13 May 2009 15:40 #686 by bazwidajimny
only the front 1 has to be moded you can just detatch it from the chassis and it wiil lift with the body look at mine in this month total off road B)

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds