BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G13BB wiring

• gsalini
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2021 20:14 #234050 by gsalini
G13BB wiring was created by gsalini
Evening all.
Im doing a turbo project for my G13BB SOHC engine. Unfortunately for me I cant find any wiring diagrams for my exact model of car. Its a 2004 spanish soft top with the previously mentioned engine model. Whats unusual is that it has both cam and crank sensors but the cam is a hall effect 3 wire sensor and the crank is a VR 2 wire sensor. Can anyone point me in the direction of where the crank cables go to on the ECU?

I would use the cam for ignition alterations but it seems my G13BB uses the crank as primary!

Any help at all would be great. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2021 08:21 #234062 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:G13BB wiring
Definitely a Martin question, I've got a late model G13BB jimny in Western Australia dosnt have crank angle sensor i can't speak for other countries, hope you are going to upgrade crank and rods standard crank is carst also arp head bolts multi layer steel head gasket also upgrade fuel system even if you fabricated parts your self still costly and teething issues

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

• Owl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Mar 2021 09:20 - 30 Mar 2021 09:21 #234125 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Re:G13BB wiring
Yes Neil I'm on Eastern side Australia and only have a cam angle sensor no crank angle sensor. Jimny hasn't produced any wacky idle symptoms yet, since putting in a new fuel pump. Owl
Last edit: 30 Mar 2021 09:21 by Owl.

More
30 Mar 2021 12:47 #234127 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Re:G13BB wiring

Owl wrote: Yes Neil I'm on Eastern side Australia and only have a cam angle sensor no crank angle sensor. Jimny hasn't produced any wacky idle symptoms yet, since putting in a new fuel pump. Owl

Good to hear you sorted your jimny I'm still not happy with mine waiting on another part here's hoping

More
04 Apr 2021 07:35 #234221 by Old Neil
Well that didn't work new part arrived fitted car runs better but didn't fix the problem if i had any hair i would be pulling it out by now

• Owl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Apr 2021 13:19 - 04 Apr 2021 13:21 #234223 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Re:G13BB wiring
Yep Neil, I hear your pain,  My Jimny gave me a familiar fault once more,  driving down the freeway sitting on 85 to 90kms per hour,  engine decides to shut off, and come back on ,  back and forth in that manner for about 10 to 15 secs,  and then I stopped at the traffic lights and it idles nicely and drives off as if nothing is wrong. No check engine light but the engine management hiccups to the extreme ?? Has to be the ECU epilepsy. 

There is other very subtle intermittent symptoms,  very faint misfire, run-on feel (its not the IAC sensor),  engine lacking power, high fuel consumption, and at the severe end it engine shuts down and then comes back.  Always starts ok. And it runs really smooth at times.  
Last edit: 04 Apr 2021 13:21 by Owl.

More
04 Apr 2021 17:47 #234238 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Re:G13BB wiring

Owl wrote: Yep Neil, I hear your pain,  My Jimny gave me a familiar fault once more,  driving down the freeway sitting on 85 to 90kms per hour,  engine decides to shut off, and come back on ,  back and forth in that manner for about 10 to 15 secs,  and then I stopped at the traffic lights and it idles nicely and drives off as if nothing is wrong. No check engine light but the engine management hiccups to the extreme ?? Has to be the ECU epilepsy. 

There is other very subtle intermittent symptoms,  very faint misfire, run-on feel (its not the IAC sensor),  engine lacking power, high fuel consumption, and at the severe end it engine shuts down and then comes back.  Always starts ok. And it runs really smooth at times.  

You described mine to a tee I'm about to go over previous things I've done to see if I mist something ,with the plugs on the ECU you are doing the right thing they are tight

More
04 Apr 2021 17:58 #234240 by Old Neil
I've found this from G13BB manual does anyone have the legend for it please i need to identify all the parts

More
05 Apr 2021 03:10 - 05 Apr 2021 03:17 #234248 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Re:G13BB wiring
See attached pdf - I believe it is from the same manual the image may have come from.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Apr 2021 03:17 by fordem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
05 Apr 2021 06:30 #234250 by Old Neil
Found a folt on a part that i just replaced the idol air control valve that i replaced came with a new seal i was thorough cleaning old parts before reassembly I noticed coolant level going down a little with no external signs decided have a look at the IAC if you look at one of the air ports you will see a black mark that was shiny when i put it back together looks like every time it idoled coolant was getting sucked into engine i cut a gasket left original seal in and reassembled has other people had same problem?is it a common falt?

More
05 Apr 2021 22:38 #234271 by Old Neil
I've just got to test car after fitting gasket on idol air control valve it runs noticeably better sorry if I'm re inventing the wheel wether someone has done this before but i recommend before replacing idol air control valve cheque to see if there is a air/coolant leak i put in a new seal and that leaked i cleaned all surfaces

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds