BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Passenger Airbag Dash attachment

More
11 Jan 2020 20:24 #217185 by stimpy
Hey up folks,

My trucks air bags have been disconnected ever since I've owned it as 95% Off Road use.

My question ; is the plastic dash front piece attached to the airbag unit or can I remove this from the unit and put it back without the airbag unit on.

I see there are 2 bolts accessible when the glove box is down which I assume will release the unit..

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jan 2020 06:41 #217193 by Lambert
Never taken one out but I would expect the outer to be removable somehow though how it would reattach to the dash without the airbags to support it I wouldn't know.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2020 10:37 #217201 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Passenger Airbag Dash attachment
The bag supports the thin plastic dash section. In the past I have removed the explosive charge but left the bag in place. Really depends on what you're aiming for, if it's space your after you'll need to make some brackets.
Chris

More
12 Jan 2020 11:37 #217204 by stimpy
Thanks chaps..

So bag supports the plastic lid. Will probably leave it for now then and remove later...

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds