BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Immobilizer Fault

More
11 May 2016 08:04 #166541 by MigCooper
Immobilizer Fault was created by MigCooper
Hi Guys,

Need some help with my Jimny.
Last time i was out in the forest the jimmy was running fine and drove for a while. I then switched it off to go back and help a friend with a puncture. On return to the Jimny it failed to start and the immobilizer light is flashing.
Brought it back home and connected to a scan tool that has the error code P1612.
For some reason resetting the code got it going again, but not for long. once it was switched off a couple off times the problem returned.
I have taken the key to a shop for testing and it is reading the code fine. So I decide to contact one of the ECU crowds around my area to remove the immobilizer altogether but was told this is not possible on this model :huh: . Found this strange but then again what do i know....
Anyway, anyone had this problem before or have any ideas on how to bypass this or get it fixed?
I was also told that could be water damage in the ECU but i took it out and she looks spotless and has no burn or water marks as well as no corrosion at all on the pins/plug.
Thanks a lot
Miguel

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2016 19:35 #166570 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Immobilizer Fault
Have you checked your battery connections and earth points for security and condition? Is the battery in a good state electrically i.e. does it hold a charge and pass a load check?

More
12 May 2016 18:41 #166672 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:Immobilizer Fault
Hi mickt
Thanks for the suggestion. Battery is fine. And I can't see any bad earth points... I'm lost... Checked every plug for bad connections and so on. Still the same.
Any more suggestions appreciated?
Thanks

MigCooper

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

3" Spring Lift + 1" Spacers / ES300 Shockers / TJM Snorkel / Extended Brake Lines / Castor Correction Bushes / Adjustable Panhard Rods / 30" Kaiman / 4.16 Redacted lobster / No Anti Roll Bar / Rock Sliders (Home made) / Diff Guards from ORA / 32mm Spacers /...

• mickt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 May 2016 19:47 #166682 by mickt
Replied by mickt on topic Immobilizer Fault
Batteries can be misleading in showing their capacity and state. The only real way to check them is to get them load tested. A good garage will do it for free if they think they will get a sale!

More
13 May 2016 05:26 #166702 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Immobilizer Fault
P1612 is a generic code for wrong/no signal from the immobiliser.

Could be just an earthing problem or low battery voltage as said before.

Could be a problem with the immobiliser, wiring to the ecu & sensor coil, or the sensor coil around the ignition switch, or even the key.

You haven't got another car key on the same ring have you? Two transponder chips in range of the sensor coil can confuse it

The immobiliser unit, keys and engine ecu must be a matched set, unless you have access to a suzuki scantool that will reprogramme the security codes.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
13 May 2016 06:52 #166706 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Immobilizer Fault
Try a second key if you have one.

Which engine do you have? M13a or g13b? Year. Manual or auto. Rhinoman may be able to help our if you need a replacement I have a m13a 2001ish ecu set with locks etc available

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

More
13 May 2016 07:07 #166707 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Re:Immobilizer Fault
Hi j999pre.

Don't have another key. Got it with just one. I have the m13a engine as well. My on is 2001. Will send you a pm regarding the key lock set you have.
Thanks

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

More
13 May 2016 20:56 - 13 May 2016 20:59 #166756 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Immobilizer Fault
Usually a code that says that there is no communication from the immobiliser is caused by a problem with the immobiliser where the immo doesn't send any data. Those immos are usually quite reliable but can be a pig when they go faulty, I had one recently and had to replace both memory chips and the capacitors in the antenna circuit before I could get it to talk, there was no obvious fault.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.
Last edit: 13 May 2016 20:59 by Rhinoman.

More
14 May 2016 17:12 #166781 by MigCooper
Replied by MigCooper on topic Immobilizer Fault
Thanks Rhinoman

Got a tech2 tool to test it and get code 23 on IMMO. when we tryed to register it asks for a password we don't have have.. i have got a full lock set anyway to get it going again. would love to get rid of it regardless in case it happens again but it looks like that will be difficult

Thanks anyway ... will report back if i find anything else or if we get the code for the registration and that works.

Miguel

More
14 May 2016 22:12 #166786 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Immobilizer Fault
Recently had a problem on another car which was the microswitch in the door lock. This sends the signal to the ecu to switch on immobiliser.
I was away from home and although the door opened the immobiliser was still on so I couldn't start the car.
Got it going eventually and to stop it happening until it was sorted the fuse that controlled the door locks was removed (key in ignition but not switched on) and doors unlocked.
If the ECU couldn't detect the doors were locked it didn't arm the immobiliser.
Don't know if you can do that on a Jimny but obviously you lose the central locking and immobiliser.
Have you tried another fob battery?

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

More
15 May 2016 13:57 #166818 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Immobilizer Fault
On the Suzuki there is no connection between the immobiliser and anything other than the antenna and the ECU, other than the diagnostic socket.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds