BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rear axle to radius arm mounts - ripped through

More
16 Mar 2016 17:25 #163842 by mc_nebula
I've busted my mounts from the rear arms to the axle. The garage think it's my lockrite doing the damage. This doesn't surprise me too much.

Fortunately, I have a wealth of spares, including an axle casing, but does anyone make the tabs/carriers?
My google-fu turned up this thread, which is almost exactly the same issue as I have - www.bigjimny.com/forum/7-jimny-technical...ear-axle-mounts.html

But it looks like BigJimny doesn't make them any more??

Is there a solution to elongated holes also? Perhaps have a washer welded on, over the elongated hole, making it round again??

Cheers,
Alistair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluejimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2016 17:40 #163843 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Rear axle to radius arm mounts - ripped through
we are planning to do some at some point, maybe mid next month though

More
16 Mar 2016 20:24 #163852 by kirkynut
They were originally made by the Off Road Armoury but they have turned their back on us now!

Rockwatt at Redacted Engineering and Russ at Jimny Bits are our fabrication saviours now!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Mar 2016 21:02 #163853 by TomDK

kirkynut wrote: They were originally made by the Off Road Armoury but they have turned their back on us now!

Rockwatt at Redacted Engineering and Russ at Jimny Bits are our fabrication saviours now!

Kirkynut

Not entirely true. Rob still makes stuff for the Jimny. But only custom orders and will probably have some lead time.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds