BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

strange problem when using power ,maybe alternater

More
26 Sep 2013 19:08 #84504 by jamesey
now that the mornings are getting darker im using the lights and heaters etc , i drive 2 miles to work and when going down to tickover the revs drop and the belt or 1 of the belts starts to squeel i cant rev through it either
ive checked the belts and there tight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• paulnb57
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2013 20:01 #84509 by paulnb57
Belt tensioner or alternator bearing perhaps? Pulleys and belt surface shiny so slipping under load.....

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2013 20:04 - 26 Sep 2013 20:08 #84510 by markyp2000
Try some talc powder on them as thay may be worn and shiny and may even be cracked on the inner side

Also as your doing a short journy you may be drawing more out the battery than the alternator can put in on a short journy
Last edit: 26 Sep 2013 20:08 by markyp2000.

More
27 Sep 2013 08:30 #84530 by gilburton
The belts are worn replace them as no amount of tightening will help!
Having said that your main problem is your short journey!
The battery isn't getting charged up with everything switched on also your battery might need replacement??
If it's anywhere near 4 yrs old get a new one before the winter starts.
Check the other problems first and if it still happens then you'll need some sort of trickle charger.
I've not tried one but possibly a solar charger in the windscreen/dash might help but your main problem is the short journey!! Get a bike :whistle:

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesey

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds