BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny rear wheel cylinders

More
05 Mar 2013 18:34 #64669 by mc_nebula
An issue has seen me needing to replace my rear wheel cylinders. I ordered the "correct" parts from EuroCar Parts, only to find that neither part is correct for my Jimny (W reg, 2000, non-abs).
Rear right cylinder
Rear left cylinder

Has anyone had any experience changing these, and does anyone know where I can get the correct parts from, ASAP!

Many thanks!
Ali.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2013 19:16 #64679 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny rear wheel cylinders
There are plenty on eBay from the dubious quality to good ones.

Why don't your replacements fit? Eurocarspares are usually ok.

They are easy enough to change, remove pipes, remove 2 bolts lever shoes apart and flip cylinder out, squash new pistons in and replace.

If you are fitting new pipes: if the male ends have an unthreaded portion they won't fit. The original pipe fittings are threaded all the way to the end.

If you decide to remove all the springs and shoes, do one side at a time so you can use the other as reference.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
05 Mar 2013 19:44 #64682 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Jimny rear wheel cylinders
What it is thats different?? I got mine from the local factors and they only came up with one, iirc they're shared with other zuks like supercarry.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
05 Mar 2013 19:44 #64683 by mc_nebula
Of the pair sent, the passenger side one has only one hole to bolt it to the carrier, in nowhere near the right position; the originals have 2 holes. It has one brake line entry, and a bleed nipple.

The other (driver side) has the correct mount holes, but instead of 2 threaded holes for the brake lines to screw into, it has a single hole for a brake line, and a bleed nipple. The bleed nipple is a different thread to the brake line nut, so no joy there.

Thanks for the pointers, I will look on e-bay. I have also found these guys - www.jkmotorfactors.co.uk/ Anyone used them?

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Mar 2013 21:39 #64694 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Jimny rear wheel cylinders
I have fitted two new rear cylinders from Euro Car Parts. The part numbers are 134810248 and 134810328. Both are Pagid brands.

ECP did send me the wrong one for the left hand side (wrong car and was in a bag with oil residue inside), but they changed it no problem (I took it to a ECP branch in Redhill who where very helpful). The wrong one was sent via an online order.

I have also fitted new rear shoes, and front disk and pads and a master cylinder, and all were correct first time and of reasonable quality purchased from ECP (Pagid for the shoes, pads and disks).

More
06 Mar 2013 09:02 #64719 by mc_nebula
I have just been to ECP and returned the part. I paid ~£74 delivered from ECP. I rang JK, as I mentioned I would in my above post, they will not courier anything, it is collection only. Useless! I then rang Camberley Auto Factors, who wanted a shocking £58+VAT for each side. I popped in to my local Suzuki main dealer, where a gentleman looked up the part, and sold it to me for £73 inc VAT, to be collected tomorrow morning!

Lesson learned: Ring the main dealer, they might just be competitive on price!

More
11 Mar 2013 19:34 #65312 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Jimny rear wheel cylinders
You paid how much??????????????? :ohmy:

Mine were about £18!

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2013 19:36 #65314 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: Jimny rear wheel cylinders

mcjimny wrote: You paid how much??????????????? :ohmy:

Mine were about £18!

Each or for the pair? ECP where £25 each for me.

More
19 Mar 2013 22:14 #66338 by mcjimny

GuardianAngel wrote:

mcjimny wrote: You paid how much??????????????? :ohmy:

Mine were about £18!

Each or for the pair? ECP where £25 each for me.

Each. I snapped the bleed nipple twice and remember they were cheap enough to not bother with trying to drill it out!

More
20 Mar 2013 11:18 - 20 Mar 2013 11:20 #66361 by mlines
And you never asked me to quote. :(

A quality "Blueprint" brand one from me is £55 plus postage (probably £4.65)
"First Line" brand ones are £24 each plus postage (probably £4.65)

Please remember that I can do parts not currently listed in the store, just ask!

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 20 Mar 2013 11:20 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuardianAngel

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2013 11:31 #66364 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: Re: Jimny rear wheel cylinders

mlines wrote: And you never asked me to quote. :(

A quality "Blueprint" brand one from me is £55 plus postage (probably £4.65)
"First Line" brand ones are £24 each plus postage (probably £4.65)

Please remember that I can do parts not currently listed in the store, just ask!

Martin

Will bear that in mind :)

More
21 Mar 2013 22:44 #66498 by kirkynut
Eurocarparts has consistently supplied me with wrong parts on all makes of cars now. They are good for some oem stuff like ate original pads and discs as supplied to Ford and BMW but not at their prices, Bosch parts like lambda sensors etc but BMW e46 rear springs and a lot of Jap parts they are not good.

I use a local motor factors regularly and as I do so they look after me in making sure I get the right parts, ordering two or three possible options, sending back the ones that are wrong and at trade prices now too.

Do use the Bigjimny shop for Jimny parts though as you know Martin will send you the right parts and of good quality, bearings are especially cheap and are quality ones too!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds