BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

adjustable panhard prob with steering

More
11 Mar 2009 18:03 #471 by jamesey
hi ive finally lifted the jimny but i have a couple of issues ive noticed now my steering wheel is a quarter of a turn from straght when the wheels are straight , how can i measure to adjust the panhard and once done will it return the steering wheel back to central.
also the front shockers i got from kap didnt have the metal insert for the bush is this ok just to bolt through without??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2009 18:02 #481 by kirkynut
I can't amswer the steering wheel issue. When I lifted out SJ the steering wheel was about 1/4 of a turn out so I whipped it off and put it straight. The jimny isn't as simple with the air bag though.

Perhaps the Panhard rod is not adjusted correctly.

The best bet is to speak to whoever supplied it. My Jimny came with it all on, so I didn't have to play about like that.

With respect to the shock bushes, they don't need the metal tube insert, the bolt goes through the rubber bushed on the shockers.

Hope this is of some help.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
21 Mar 2009 10:54 #482 by andyw
Mmm,not sure i'd like the steel tubes missing on a road car, if it was a trailer car i cant see a problem, it would give a little bit more flex. You could try it for a while , it might make it a bit vague or make it do something a bit rum. Report back with your findings please.

Andy

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds