BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

I'm a blithering idiot but I'm a happy one!!!

More
28 Feb 2009 15:34 #443 by kirkynut
Dear All,

I have said a few times in threads to people recently that my drivers side CV is clicking since removing my anti roll bar.

It hasn't, I was just too quick to jump to conclusions fearing the worst.

I have noticed that when I undid the wheelarch liner from the bumper to pull the bumper out enough to get to the anti roll bar mounts I did not fasten one up on the drivers side due to the head being rusted up and unserviceable.

So guess what was rubbing on the tyre.

I did not have an able assistant to look for me as I turned the wheel hard over and it springs back when you take the pressure off the wheel. So I placed some TIPEX on the arch liner and lo and behold the tyre is now covered in white spots. I've fastened it with a cable tie and problem solved.

I don'twant to lose the wheel arch liners as this is my everyday car so it get road salt inside the arches as well as mud so constantly washing it down in the winter is a pain.

I'll waxoil the chassis etc to help keep it nice but that's a job for the summer!!!

I might have proved myself an idiot with this schoolboy error in judgement, but I'm a happy one as I don't have to strip the hub now!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds