BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny Wing Mirror

• pirate
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2011 18:53 #23177 by pirate
Jimny Wing Mirror was created by pirate
Hi,

Drivers door wing mirror is 'swinging' in the wind at present!

Went to open it out the other day and I felt a stong click and then tension just disappeared and now it just swings freely. The whole mirror now will just lift off it post (albeit wires still attached).Electronic side of adjusting mirror is all OK. I cant see anything that is physically broken or come ajar??

What is broke or come undone?

Thanks

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2011 19:12 #23179 by andyw
Replied by andyw on topic Re: Jimny Wing Mirror
Hi mine went the same way some years ago, to be honest I just put good quality leccy tape around it all, last a good while then replace when needed.
It was corroded inside and the nodgels rounded off so spun around, pain on the motorway:laugh:

It does me but get a secondhand if you like

Andy

More
07 Oct 2011 11:57 #23201 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Re: Jimny Wing Mirror

I busted mine (and some other things) driving up Henryd (N. Wales) .... took off outer plastic covering and drove like that for almost 12months, until i bit the bullet and got a replacement from Cam-Suzuki (ebay) for £45.

Jalapeño, IISY?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds