BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Where are the spark plugs & HT leads?

• Frog
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2011 12:34 #20902 by Frog
Hi, just discovered this great forum and have already found out quite a lot about my 2001 Jimny.

I now have an embarassing question: where are the spark plugs? I know this sounds stupid, but I can't see any trace of either the plugs or the HT leads. Am I thick or what, lol?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 03troakey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2011 12:46 #20904 by 03troakey
Replied by 03troakey on topic Re: Where are the spark plugs & HT leads?
the black lead on the rocker cover

• Adamski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2011 13:03 #20906 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Where are the spark plugs & HT leads?
On my M13 engine the plugs are under the black plastic cover on top of the engine. A few bolts and the plastic cover comes off :)

More
26 Aug 2011 13:13 #20907 by andyw
LOL, I know what you mean, on the top of the rocker box, pull them up gently, dont pull them by the leads, might want to undue the bolt that keeps the flat box on to make it easy.

Once the round plugs are off you'll need a long extention bar on your plug spanner, you'll think there in the sump lol

Also IF your plug socket is Loose on the bar tape it on, or you'll need long pliers or a magnet:ohmy:

Also better stand on small step If your short in the arms/ ass

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frog

• Frog
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2011 17:16 #20917 by Frog

Adamski wrote: On my M13 engine the plugs are under the black plastic cover on top of the engine. A few bolts and the plastic cover comes off :)

Ah ha! I had thought of looking under there, but the 8mm bolts looked and felt as if they weren't meant to be removed, so I left them... I will have another go tomorrow.

Many thanks for the help, guys :)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds