BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Knocking coming out of Corner

More
09 Dec 2009 11:07 #1584 by mad4x4
My Jimny Seems to Knock (drive train or Suspension) coming out of a right hand corner.

What do I look for ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2009 23:19 #1586 by wildfire
sounds like it could be the bearings, wheel or kingpin, or that joint in side the sterring knuckel. (to late in the evening to rember the name!) I had a the same thing on an other car and it was the CV joint which was going and the sterring failed in the end.

More
15 Dec 2009 11:38 #1600 by kirkynut
CV joint!!!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
15 Dec 2009 11:40 #1601 by kirkynut
Having said that - pull it out, clean it up and re-grease before it gets too bad and that might be all it needs. You'll possibly see damage when you clean it up otherwise as lumps might be missing from the balls etc.

If it's shot you'll have to get another.

Try Thornton's breakers ebay shop, they used to be CAM Suzukiand are reasonably priced on 2nd hand stuff, if a little sow on delivery.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds