× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fuel average.

More
17 Sep 2024 14:16 #257550 by Porthos
Fuel average. was created by Porthos
I'm currently averaging 42.3 mpg which has improved from when I first got the Jimny. The car was very little used and it seemed the worse for it. Now the engine is quiet and smooth, transmission and transfer box are the biggest winners with regular use. Once a week the transfer box gets a bit of exercise and can now be engaged easily and smoothly. What a little beauty!

2020 SZ5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2024 15:29 #257551 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Fuel average.
My 23 model LCV seems to have settled down at around the 45 mpg mark, although I cannot claim to drive it with the aim of maximising the mpg figure. This vehicle certainly isn't very economical or aerodynamic on the road, as many forum members have noted over the years. As for the transfer box - always a good idea to use it occasionally - so that it doesn't get sticky or even seize, due to a lack of usage. Then when you do need to use it - it slides into action with the greatest of ease!

More
17 Sep 2024 16:14 #257554 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Fuel average.
Mine averages 20mpg  ​​​​​​
Gen3 with all the whistles and bells 

More
17 Sep 2024 16:27 #257555 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Fuel average.
My 2020 SZ5 averages 39mpg, but that is with 215/75r15 ATs on it, they knocked about 2mpg off.

If I drive it below 50mph, out of the wind it will go up to 43mpg, but there’s no fun in that.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Sep 2024 17:53 - 18 Sep 2024 04:47 #257556 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Fuel average.
Today temeraire has managed a very impressive 16 mpg over 60 miles. The joy of an automatic running at just under gross train weight. But petrol is cheap.

Correction on account of being tired last night. 33mpg

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 18 Sep 2024 04:47 by Lambert.

More
17 Sep 2024 19:22 #257559 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Fuel average.
Currently I get around 240 odd miles from a full tank.  At current petrol prices about 4-5 miles/£.  Not measured it since I changed my exhaust, but I'm sure any potential gains will be nulled by adding sound deadning mass.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

More
17 Sep 2024 23:35 #257561 by Bob9863
Replied by Bob9863 on topic Fuel average.
According to the km/l to mpg conversion calculations I get 41mpg from mine.
although I have noticed when I use 4x4 it it jumps up considerably, to around 30mpg.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Sep 2024 04:53 #257562 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Fuel average.
It seems that last night I was too tired to do maths properly. Yesterday with the trailer on running full load and 2 up with supplies in the car so essentially just nicely under full weight a trip to Skipton which for those who know is constantly up or down and not flat in the slightest managed an actual figure of 33.1 mpg which is actually a lot more impressive than 16.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Sep 2024 07:44 #257564 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Fuel average.
Used for commuting our 2020 manages around 36mpg.
On a longer run l can get over 40mpg as reported above.
But due to the commute, the average is 38mpg.

More
18 Sep 2024 09:37 #257567 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Fuel average.
Don't know how you old boys (or girls???) are averaging 40mpg plus. I can only assume you never go above 25mph and have not ever used the red line.....

Mine tends to average around the 32-34mpg mark, with 38/39mpg on a decent non motorway run. Motorway speeds seem to end up at 33mpg or lower.

More
18 Sep 2024 09:42 #257569 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Fuel average.
I just got 38 mpg for the full tank (fuel light came on 25 miles from home) on my trip to the Adventure Overland Show,  that is fully loaded for 3 nights camping and speed limiter set to 63 for the motorway. 

More
18 Sep 2024 09:43 #257570 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Fuel average.
If commuting without any load I average 40 mpg, non motorway driving.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds