× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Auto locking

More
18 Aug 2024 14:28 #257209 by Tom1maple
Auto locking was created by Tom1maple
Hi
i have a 2008 jimny .. when I open it with the fob.. I open the tailgate first to put my dogs in.. if I leave the tailgate open for more than 30swconds the drivers and passenger door auto lock  but as long as I keep the tailgate open till after the auto lock the tailgate doesn’t auto lock..which is fine..
If I close the tailgate before auto lock the whole car re locks.
theres a chance I might lock my keys in if I place them inside the tailgate while lifting the dogs in and forget to pick them up then close the door just before the auto lock kicks in… in which case all the doors auto lock and the keys are stuck in the back 
sorry for the long description.. the question is can I disable the auto lock to stop  this possibility from happening 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2024 15:44 #257210 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Auto locking
When you open the tailgate it’s supposed to light the internal courtesy light, it’s wired in parallel with the driver and passenger door switches. My guess would be that the rear door switch is not working, unless your Jimny was never fitted?

Most cars with remote locking automatically lock the doors if not opened within 30 seconds of pressing the key fob, so check the rear door switch as I don’t think there is any way to disable the auto lock, other than opening a door.

My other car has two doors and a boot (electric release), if I open the boot, the doors unlock, but then lock after 30 seconds if not opened, I have to be super careful not to drop the keys in the boot and then close the boot otherwise you can’t open the boot without the keys even if you prise a door open.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
18 Aug 2024 19:23 #257212 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Auto locking
Check the courtesy light door switches on all the doors and make sure they work - if the BCM does not see a door opened within 30 seconds of a remote unlock it will automatically relock.

More
19 Aug 2024 00:05 - 19 Aug 2024 00:06 #257217 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Auto locking
Just open & shut the driver's door first ( just enough to put the interior light on if your dog is like mine and will try and get in)- it should cancel the autolock.

Try it, unlock then open & close the driver's door and wait.

If it does still autolock (it shouldn't) you can leave it half latched, then the autolock will just bounce back open.

Pretty much every car will lock itself again if you don't open & close the driver's door

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)
Last edit: 19 Aug 2024 00:06 by facade.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds