BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Windscreen seal failure

More
18 Feb 2024 17:29 - 18 Feb 2024 17:29 #254422 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Windscreen seal failure
Well, as nobody's ever reported this issue, maybe Bert on the Jimny assembly line (windscreen station) forgot to bond your plastic pieces on properly, because he was distracted by Emily on "wheel arch trim" across the hall, who he's fancied for months.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2024 17:29 by lightning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrRobin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2024 17:39 #254423 by Roger Fairclough
There is a 12 year anti corrosion warranty, but any mods. to your warranty gives Suzuki the right to reject the claim. From memory it's clause 6.

Roger

More
18 Feb 2024 17:42 #254424 by Roger Fairclough
Is that the Emily who likes to bend over wearing not a lot

Roger

More
18 Feb 2024 17:45 #254425 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Windscreen seal failure
Looks like it has happened to 3 other people on this private Facebook group www.facebook.com/share/p/9HtvkHVbk42t9ate/

Attachments:

More
18 Feb 2024 17:50 #254428 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Windscreen seal failure

This is a manufacturing problem, not a washing technique issue. We appear to be preparing the gallows for the poor person that washed a car......
We don't even know if they used a pressure washer, it could simply be time, rain and wind pressure, the stuff the front of a vehicle should survive.
99.99% sure they use a pressure washer as I watched them washing another vehicle in the wash area when I picked mine up.

More
18 Feb 2024 18:03 - 18 Feb 2024 18:03 #254432 by jlines
Replied by jlines on topic Windscreen seal failure
In that group I see someone else said they think it happened because they pressure washed the car too hard so would seem the likely cause but not one you could prove once you’ve driven the car away from the dealer. The other week whilst washing my lcv I noticed a scratch on the wheel arch just a couple of days after it had been to the dealer. Now it could have been anything from someone walking past it at my work or on my driveway, myself when cleaning although I’m very cautious in what I do using new cloths etc or could have been the dealer. Sadly you just can’t prove it or accuse anyone. 
Last edit: 18 Feb 2024 18:03 by jlines.

More
18 Feb 2024 19:49 #254439 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Windscreen seal failure
When I have a courtesy car, I have to walk round it and sign to say there is no damage. Same thing should be done for your own car when dropping it off.

More
11 Mar 2024 16:05 #255007 by slaw
Replied by slaw on topic Windscreen seal failure
the rubber strip that's come loose is used to regulate the depth of the glue when been fitted and no longer has any use, so you can pull it out and forget about it, it is likely to have been dislodged by a pressure washer,
mlines drawing show items 3, 4, 5 & 6 all do this job, and items 2 are "gravity stops" ensuring the screen is located correctly and doesn't slide down while the glue is curing,
i hope this puts your mind at rest
regards
andy

More
11 Mar 2024 16:31 #255008 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Windscreen seal failure
I am not sure I would remove it, you might end up with a whistling windscreen and anyway it will only fill up with muck.

Suzuki clearly leave it in for a reason, if not they would have removed it at manufacture.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
11 Mar 2024 20:34 #255022 by slaw
Replied by slaw on topic Windscreen seal failure
it's certainly not doing any harm sitting there. i had assumed it would be flapping about and possibly causing wind noise now no longer stuck in place,

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds