× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Underseat socket/tool set/case?

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Nov 2023 20:32 #252228 by Lambert
Whatcha. I have it in mind that my Christmas present to temeraire should be something like a case of sockets and maybe other stuff too. Think edc for the car. Ideally 1/2 drive and maybe deep drive too. Needs to be good quality so that as necessary the sockets can be abused with a rattle gun but not heirloom quality as it's only living in the car.  It's also a duplicate of a duplicate of the auxiliary tools, as the nice ones are locked up good and proper. Think Bahco rather than Stahlwille. Ideally I would like something in a neat plastic case that is out of sight under the passenger seat but isn't so comprehensive that it gives me a hernia getting it out to use. Alternatively is there a case system that I can populate myself that isn't just a loose rattle trap?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2023 21:52 #252229 by DrRobin
I found a ‘Really Useful’ box which slides under the stock seats, it’s about shoe box size and you could fit a fair bit in. I lined mine with some thin foam, worked really well until I changed seats and they won’t fit, now I found some white plastic trays from B&M which slide under my new seats.

The really useful boxes are in the garage, so I can check size if you decide to DIY?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
20 Nov 2023 12:40 #252235 by Lambert
I haven't looked at those, do they have holders for things built in or do I need to foam them first?

More
20 Nov 2023 14:01 #252238 by DrRobin
They are just a basic plastic box with lid, no inserts, see this post

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...6-under-seat-storage

B&M have stopped doing this size, you could have the two I have, but shipping will be more than buying them new.

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
20 Nov 2023 14:49 #252239 by Roger Fairclough
Hi Doc.

Still on the hunt for replacement seats for Tonka, so would be interested in info. on the seats you fitted in your Jimny?

Cheers

Roger

More
20 Nov 2023 16:26 - 20 Nov 2023 16:30 #252240 by Scimike
The Halfords Advanced range is actually good quality and has a lifetime guarantee that they do honour, I've work in a store and they even cover the box!
Yes they can appear expensive, but if you wait until a deal AND go in store and get a trade card (it's not that hard) they can work out value for money.

May even be worth asking in store if they have any empty cases or part boxes, aka a "manager special". They can and do (if in the mood) cut a deal to move incomplete stock.

Good grief, I've recommend Halfords, may you forgive me

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 20 Nov 2023 16:30 by Scimike.

More
20 Nov 2023 17:02 #252241 by Roger Fairclough
You can breath a sigh of relief Scimike, I have a number of Halfords own tools and I have never had a problem with them.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
More
20 Nov 2023 18:13 #252242 by Lambert
My main auxiliary ring spanners are Halford advanced and I have a trade card I'll see what they have.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
20 Nov 2023 18:14 #252243 by Lambert
I have also seen this which looks interesting.

www.bahco.com/gb_en/1-4--and-1-2--square...iers-pb_s81mix_.html

More
20 Nov 2023 19:27 #252244 by DrRobin

Hi Doc.

Still on the hunt for replacement seats for Tonka, so would be interested in info. on the seats you fitted in your Jimny?

Cheers

Roger
I have BB Classic BB6 seats which sit on Master Forest sub-frames.  I bought the seats on BB Classics eBay shop as their own website wouldn’t display correctly on my browser, it was the same price.  The MF sub frames were bought direct, from France, but came in 2 days.

They are quite a tight fit in a Gen3, left to right, but the sub-frames needed a couple of new holes (one side were slots with adjustment) to suit the BB6 runners so it meant I could position the seat in the optimum position, just took a lot of measuring before I drilled.  Before purchasing the seats I obtained the dimensions from the BB website of the new seats and checked them against the original seats, they are wider lower down and clearing the arm rest on the door is a bit of a game.  I don’t know if the Gen4 has more or less space?

The BB6 sit at about the same height, are adjustable, but because they are a bucket seat the base sides are higher which makes it is more of an effort to get in. My wife complains about them, but my 90+ year old mum can get in and she isn’t that tall.  Once in the bucket base and tall back with sides keeps you in the same place.  I did a 200 mile trip on Sat to take my mum out for lunch and when I got home didn’t have any pains from sitting in the seats, I couldn’t say that for the stock seats.

one more thing to note, the stock seats have the runners on the floor, but the BB6 sub-frames have the runners on top of the frame.  It means when you take the seat forwards for someone to get in the back, the sub-frames become apparent and slightly get in the way.  I always though you need to be a little flexible to get in the back of a Jimny, the sub-frames make it a little harder, but still possible.

Hope that helps

Robin

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

More
20 Nov 2023 20:20 - 20 Nov 2023 20:22 #252246 by jackonlyjack
I have a 1/4 drive set and a 3/8 set under my passenger seat 
As for seats I now have W176 Mercedes seats from an A200 

After removing BB5's 

You need to be a 32" waist to fit into the BB5's 
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Nov 2023 20:22 by jackonlyjack.

More
22 Nov 2023 21:11 #252308 by Darthblaker7474
You might be interested in the OEM underseat drawer Suzuki did for the Japanese market.

I've got one fitted and I just use it for Irn Bru storage 

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds