BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Electric Cooling Fan

More
17 Apr 2023 21:58 #248671 by tomcat
Electric Cooling Fan was created by tomcat
I have seen comments about the cooling system overheating and causing head gasket failure / warped cylinder head.
Has anyone fitted an electric cooling fan to an early Gen 3. [My vehicle is 2003]
Do later models have one as standard?
Comments appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Apr 2023 03:29 #248675 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Electric Cooling Fan
Assuming everything is working as it should then the viscous fan is more than sufficient, the problems start if a part fails, in my case the crimping on the top of the radiator gave up at some point and I didn't notice it for too long and eventually it caused me to chase through the entire working cooling system changing it as I went until I fixed my problem with a new head gasket. Once they do over heat they are done but they are not prone to doing it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Apr 2023 04:45 #248676 by tomcat
Replied by tomcat on topic Electric Cooling Fan
Thank you for your comments. Appreciated.

More
28 Apr 2023 17:52 #248872 by Dured
Replied by Dured on topic Electric Cooling Fan
I have fitted electric cooling fan and removed the viscofan.
For my Mud Sport application with M16A conversion the original fan was way too weak and overheating often.
I have fitted Audi A6 3.0d 400W fan with “Autocoolguy” PWM controller, this is the only way how to fit so powerful fan to jimny.
If you dont want to invest in PWM setup do not use electric fan, as Jimny ecu can not controll it and it will be either on or off based on some relay and that will either burn the fan motor quickly or drain battery.
But electric fan with proper controller is way to go if you experience engine heat problems.

More
29 Apr 2023 01:57 #248875 by tomcat
Replied by tomcat on topic Electric Cooling Fan
Thank you for your comments.
I will investigate your recommendation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds