BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Electric Jimny

More
27 Jan 2023 17:04 #247201 by mlines
Electric Jimny was created by mlines
One day ( not soon! )

www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/confir...lectric-jimny-europe

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2023 17:12 #247202 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Electric Jimny
That would be good.

Better yet if they use two motors, one for the front and one for the rear. Hopefully it won't be too heavy with all of the batteries.

The photo on the Top Gear page of a Jimny cornering heavily, the front nearside wheel appears to be off the ground, not sure that is where the Jimny is pitched, but I guess it is Top Gear we are talking here.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
27 Jan 2023 19:30 #247203 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Electric Jimny
Imagine running out of juice half way down a green lane in the middle of nowhere 

More
28 Jan 2023 08:42 #247217 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Electric Jimny
One would expect that in a country where half the cars where EV that there would be cars with empty batteries everywhere. But no. Haven't seen any.
The only way i could ever get a new car this.
Hoping for rigid axles and solid bash plates.
My biggest concern for an offroad EV is to ding the battery and setting it on fire.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
28 Jan 2023 10:18 #247220 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Re:Electric Jimny
Betting it will be a 5 door version. Room for a battery low down , motor on each axle , no drive train as such

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

More
28 Jan 2023 10:24 #247221 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:Electric Jimny
Interesting, but they should have done it for the current G4 in my opinion. Just look at all the sales they have missed and by 2030 the G4 will have been around for a bit,  hence those that purchased and now realise it's "not a normal car" will steer clear. Still it's good news for me, certainly something I would consider so long as the dealers aren't playing markup again.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds