BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Brand New Jimny at list price…they really exist…has the price bubble burst ?

More
28 Aug 2022 19:21 #244772 by DennisJimny
Posting as a newbie, because after waiting 3 years I never thought I would be able to say I Have a new Jimny at the recommended retail price…thanks to Ron Brooks Suzuki….to be registered on the new 73 plate next week 
I saw an off the cuff remark this week on the forum with members saying they had been offered new ones but declined…so on a whim at 545 on Friday called 3 random dealers and on call 3 just as the showroom was closing I secured a new car in kinetic yellow at list

My hopes had been raised a day earlier When I saw an advert on auto trader for a LCV at 20.5K only six months old 1500 miles private sale…called the owner who unfortunately had just sold it to dealer…who is now selling it at 24 obviously…..but the owner said best price he was offered by the trade was 15.7k, also called the converted 4 seat LCV owner on auto trader, nice Greek gentleman who also confirmed his had also been only bid at 15.7 as a trade sale
Now can see they are appearing at low 20s on auto trader hopefully some normality has returned and sorry to all those who are hanging on for big ticket sales 
hopefully this will bring some comfort to those still hankering after a new car ….and obviously can put up with only 2 seats 

72 Plate Kinetic Yellow LCV, YokoYama Geolander AT, heated seats, Apple CarPlay,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2022 19:38 #244773 by DrRobin
Great news and well done in securing a new Jimny for list price. Buying a second hand one at an inflated price just fuels the speculators.

I seldom use the rear seats in my Gen3, but did today we took my elderly Mum out for lunch. The last time they were used was for the same reason.

Anyway glad you found your new Jimny.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
28 Aug 2022 21:13 #244774 by Scimike
Hi and welcome, so pleased you got what you wanted.
The rear seats are over rated, took mine out within days of purchasing our Jimny.
Have funMike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
29 Aug 2022 08:16 #244775 by Soeley
Hi and welcome, glad you finally got sorted without paying over the odds.

Had my Gen4 3 years and 8 months and can count on one hand the number of times I've had to raise the rear seats to be used, they are permanently folded down with the rubber load liner over the top.

More
29 Aug 2022 16:34 - 30 Aug 2022 10:38 #244776 by lightning
Well done on getting your vehicle at list price.

We paid £24k for our nearly new SZ5 (from a member on here) after being on the waiting list at the dealer for 2 years and not getting one.
This was back in 2020, however l am still being offered £25k on WBAC

l think the SZ5 is still commanding a premium as it appeals to more people than the Commercial.

Sytner offered a genuine 24k against a new Defender last week, there's no discount whatsoever on Defenders so if l offered cash instead it wouldn't be any cheaper.

However we've decided "Kevin" our Kinetic Yellow Jimny SZ5 is not for sale....we both love him too much !!
Last edit: 30 Aug 2022 10:38 by lightning.

More
01 Sep 2022 20:56 #244833 by grumyoldjoe
I visited a few dealers today here in north east.
They have waiting lists for the LCV and all 3 said they would be lucky to get 2 units a year so possibilty of getting one is about zero in the next few years.
My Jim is 9  now and as Im getting older its becoming an uncomfortable ride if in it for more than an hour.
Looking at flogging it and going for the all grip Ignis but even those are on a 6 month lead time.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

More
03 Sep 2022 09:25 - 03 Sep 2022 14:50 #244841 by lightning
Looking on Autotrader there's a large amount (over 60) Gen 4 Jimnys for sale, particularly considering the relatively small number imported by Suzuki.

l wonder if a lot of the private sellers are trying to flip their Jimny for a quick profit. More likely the vehicles are coming out of PCP agreements and the dealers are having a go to see what extra profit they can make.

Not a bad shout for the dealer, vehicle sells at £20,000. Customer pays £5,000 deposit and £200 per month for three years and then gets the MGFV of £12,000 against their next vehicle.

Dealer sells the Jimny on for £25,000.

Last edit: 03 Sep 2022 14:50 by lightning.

More
05 Sep 2022 05:45 #244860 by DennisJimny
Breeze Suzuki are selling one at list available now it’s in black

72 Plate Kinetic Yellow LCV, YokoYama Geolander AT, heated seats, Apple CarPlay,

More
05 Sep 2022 05:53 #244861 by DennisJimny

More
More
05 Oct 2022 09:40 #245308 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Odd one today. Been on the hunt for a list price Jimny for years but was told this by my local Swindon dealer today, so asked HQ to clarify. Suzuki are ordering but not through dealerships . This can only be done via Suzuki HQ direct . These Jimny's are now commercial cars only .  Sorry to disappoint.

More
06 Oct 2022 08:18 #245311 by Gadget
Personally, I couldn't manage without the rear seats, as mine is a daily and our son gets annoyed if we stick him on the roof. :)

Worth bearing in mind that the LCV is £295 VED, rather than £165 for the passenger car.

Although it's good to see prices dropping, my SZ5 Auto is still showing as worth more now than I paid for it in Jan 2019.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds