BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Flashing green 4x4 light

More
19 Aug 2022 05:10 #244590 by Eak84
Hi, iv recently brought a jimny 2006.it had the 4wdl light on the dash and was told that it's due to the vacume switch and not the vacume pipes as they'd been done so the price of the part was knocked off what he wanted. Brought a new one and put it on, still the light was on. Checked the 4x4 fuse and it had been removed! Replaced fuse and it changed from 4wdl light to green flashing light. Iv jacked it up and it's not in 4x4. What could it be? Thanks. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Aug 2022 11:18 #244598 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Flashing green 4x4 light
Welcome to the forum. If the fuse has been pulled then you can't really trust what you have been told by the seller so I would suggest starting with the vacuum pipes and work through it systematically.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Aug 2022 11:24 #244600 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Flashing green 4x4 light
A flashing 4x4 light means it is trying to go in to 4WD, but it doesn't get confirmation that it has completed. It can be a number of things, vacuum is the most common, but there are numerous other issues, see the fault finding guide here

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/4WD..._failure_diagnostics

Does the 4x4 light remain flashing or does it flash for a while then go off?

When you put it in 4x4 do you hear any clunks from either the hubs or transfer box?

I would work your way down the fault finding guide to narrow down the problem.

The wiki also has a description of operation here
www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/4WD...ion_system_operation

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
19 Aug 2022 11:55 #244605 by Eak84
Replied by Eak84 on topic Flashing green 4x4 light
It remains flashing.
I don't hear anything at all, almost as if the buttons don't work. There's just no response from pressing them.

More
19 Aug 2022 13:10 #244608 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Flashing green 4x4 light
It points to a vacuum problem, except the transfer box is electrically operated and I think this is shifted from 2WD to 4WD first, so you should hear a clunk from it.

What about trying to go from 2WD to 4x4-L, you should definately hear a clunk from the transfer box.

Perhaps if the fault is with the transfer box, it doesn't try the vacuum.

It sounds like you selector switches are working, otherwise you wouldn't see the flashing green light, unless more than one button is working at once or one is stuck?

When it is flashing green does pressing the 2WD button clear it?

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
19 Aug 2022 14:06 #244611 by Eak84
Replied by Eak84 on topic Flashing green 4x4 light
I never put it in 4wd,when I brought it the bloke said the 4wdl light came on that morning and he was positive it was the vacume switch and knocked some money off to pay for the part.i changed that yesterday and the light was still on. Looked at the fuse box, it didn't have a fuse in the 4x4 slot so put one in and the light changed from 4wdl to flashing 4wd.iv never had it in 4x4 mode.

More
19 Aug 2022 17:32 #244620 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Flashing green 4x4 light
On this model, the flashing light can be "read" to understand the fault in some circumstances

Look at the timing of the flashing light, measure the time for the light to start flashing, how fast it flashes

Martin

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds