BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Jun 2022 06:23 #243700 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
It's a shame that I as a farmer can't operate the same financial modeling as car dealers, I don't get to tell the market what I think I want for my product, I have to accept the price at auction even if it doesn't cover the entire production costs. Something is wrong somewhere. And it's not just the car sales industry, there's virtually no end to the examples of industries arbitrarily charging what they want over and above what their products cost to bring to market. Grrr sorry for the ranting but it offends me that I produce food without which people die and yet I have to essentially operate as a charity and yet there are others who get fat selling things that might best be called luxuries.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2022 07:19 - 14 Jun 2022 07:20 #243702 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
My local Suzuki dealer is family run and they sell Jimnys at list price with no profiteering.

l've recommended them before but nobody's taken any notice, they had an SZ5 demonstrator at £20,000 but after l mentioned it on here nobody called them.

Anyhow, if you can get on their waiting list they sell at list price.
Although it's possible their list is now full, but you could give them a try.

Horderns Suzuki in Chapel-en-le-Frith Derbyshire
Last edit: 14 Jun 2022 07:20 by lightning.

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jun 2022 18:10 #243715 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:Re:Suzuki GB & JIMNY
A new SZ5 cost £18k.
Used demo car £20k
Do the math.

More
16 Jun 2022 08:27 #243724 by No Stock Available
20k for a sz5 ex demo that was a fair price considering the prices of some

More
16 Jun 2022 09:58 #243725 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Odd one today. Had an email from 2 lease companies after an inquiry I made last year about leasing one. They said their dealers can factory order for QTR 4 and gave me quotes. Lease not ideal but then if it gets me in one, I'm happy as the quotes were cheap!
Has something changed and demand dropped off a cliff?
Strange?

More
16 Jun 2022 10:10 #243726 by No Stock Available
Sorry to say but its nonsense, No suzuki garage has ever been able to order a Jimny nor are they going to be able to, We get randomly allocated stock in whatever colour Suzuki gb deem fit to send us we have no say.

More
16 Jun 2022 13:29 #243729 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
oh so it seems its not from a retail dealer as such as had this reply when I asked

"I have had official confirmation that we can order a Jimny direct thought our Suzuki Fleet supplier.
Dealership and fleet are very separate, so they have the go ahead to place factory orders, please see confirmation below-

Can’t really speak on behalf of the Dealership but if your customer is placing a central Fleet order, then we place those centrally from our head office and I can confirm that we can place a factory order"

still odd though?

More
16 Jun 2022 14:03 #243730 by No Stock Available
Very odd, I have never heard of anyone having the ability to order a jimny, retail fleet or any place else. 

Fleet are very separate but I cant see fleet getting special benefits over retail customers. I maybe wrong 

Place an order and ask them for the contract confirmation with the colour choice on it and  see what happens ?

More
16 Jun 2022 20:55 #243735 by lightning
The vehicle retailed at £19,600 with the extras fitted and it also had the two tone paint.
lt had done 6,000 miles.

I guess it may have been a few hundred over list but was about £6,000 less that other dealers were (and still are) charging

Although prices have dropped a bit, l still couldn't find an SZ5 for sale under £24,000 today.

More
22 Jun 2022 07:53 #243788 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
its a shame SUZUKI GB are not adopting this approach considering the dealer issues over here.

www.drive.com.au/news/suzuki-jimny-hits-...s-cut-to-six-months/

I was on a list at a dealer for black, only for them to get one a few weeks ago and without a word put it on Autotrader for £29K :(

More
22 Jun 2022 14:32 #243790 by lightning
The robbers.

l very much doubt it will sell at that money.

More
23 Jun 2022 08:09 #243794 by No Stock Available
The issue is more to do with supply constraints, we are limited in the uk by emissions regulations of how many Jimnys can come into us.

Im not sure australia have the same restrictions. 

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds