BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gen 4 Jimny iceland

More
23 Apr 2022 10:59 #243080 by Bradders91

So, I thought I would say hi as I have recently come back to the world of Jimnys (I had 3 in the past in the UK) from Hiluxs (rolled my fully kitted out Hilux here in Iceland.... 3 times... which killed it thoroughly....along with the roof tent and).So, I used my insurance payout and bought a Gen 4 Jimny which I have modified this winter to be on 31s with central tyre inflation and other bits and pieces to cope with the snow we get here on the Arctic circle in Northern Iceland.Looking forward to continuing to modify it.... hopefully for 35" tyres next winter. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, Lambert, RumbleAndSway

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Apr 2022 12:06 #243086 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gen 4 Jimny iceland
Sweet ride, looks good on the big tyres.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
23 Apr 2022 12:24 #243090 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Gen 4 Jimny iceland
Looks great, will look forward to updates and more photos in due course.

More
23 Apr 2022 17:57 #243098 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Gen 4 Jimny iceland
Hello and welcome, Jimny looks great!

I love the idea of central inflation systems, but not much call for them in the UK, plus I bet they would cost an arm and a leg over here!

More
23 Apr 2022 21:10 #243099 by Bradders91
Replied by Bradders91 on topic Gen 4 Jimny iceland
The CTI was kind of a DIY job and it worked pretty well, I usually have to air down to less than 5 psi to get out of the valley I live in, to the main road. Then back up to 15psi to travel to the town. The storms are pretty brutal so crouching by each wheel gets old pretty fast.....

Many people up here have Jimnys on 35s and they look amazing but lots of moving around of suspension mounts and some re-gearing to get that done...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
24 Apr 2022 11:17 #243121 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Gen 4 Jimny iceland
would you post us some pictures of icelands jimnys . Are they popular because they are light and can ride on top of snow better?

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds