BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny....what mods?

More
22 Apr 2022 13:32 #243053 by Richard8466
Hi
Just got this for use in Spain. Any mods suggested.
Was thinking as a start.......
1. Wind rain deflectors
2. Tinting back and possibly rear window
3. Storage tray for back
4. Bucket seats
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2022 15:05 #243054 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic New Jimny....what mods?
Looks nice.

As for mods. Really depends what you want to do with it, why and what sort of budget you have. As for the ones listed:

1. Personally never saw the point in them on any car. I also don't like how they look
2. Certainly an option if you need the privacy
3. Mine has the rear seats and I've got the official rubber load liner with the lip on. It is brilliant as the rubber is soft and very grippy, it really does stop things sliding about on it. Most trays are rigid and hard.
4. Again don't see the point, the stock seats are very comfy.

My initial suggestions would be:
  • Some sort of phone holder
  • The panel Jimnystyle sell that gives you more USB and 12v sockets
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay adapter
If you plan to off road:
  • More suitable boots (tyres...). Although the stockers worked better than you'd think
  • The front bumper will impact the ground on certain off road activities. An aftermarket bumper can solve this.
  • Suspension. The stock suspension doesn't ride great off road and has limited wheel travel.

More
22 Apr 2022 15:25 #243055 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny....what mods?
My view.

1. Wind deflectors - never fitted them to our larger cars however have fitted them to our Jimnys. As the cabin space is small we find that the Jimny (and our Swift) mist up at the slightest opportunity. Therefore being abled to crack open the windows just a touch creates a nice throughflow of air that keeps the cars mist free without having to turn up the aircon to get it to dry the air.
2. Privacy glass - yes, its a van with stuff stored in it and it looks smart.
3. We have the official Jimny LCV boot liner, works well.
4. Happy with the standard seats.

We like having MT tyres on it although it is really about the look. 

Everything else we think should stay pretty much as standard.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Apr 2022 15:32 #243057 by 300bhpton

My view.

1. Wind deflectors - never fitted them to our larger cars however have fitted them to our Jimnys. As the cabin space is small we find that the Jimny (and our Swift) mist up at the slightest opportunity. Therefore being abled to crack open the windows just a touch creates a nice throughflow of air that keeps the cars mist free without having to turn up the aircon to get it to dry the air.
If you change the aircon from auto to the screen it also stops this and you can still adjust the temp without impacting it should you need too.

More
22 Apr 2022 16:33 #243061 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny....what mods?
You hit the nail on the head, you have to play with the adjustment and play with the heat.

Or just leave it on auto and crack the window down a bit.

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Apr 2022 19:52 #243070 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny....what mods?
I like wind deflectors, you can have the window down a fair bit in the rain without getting the inside wet. I very rarely use the aircon (only now and again to stop the seal drying out). Get some and try them, easily removed if you find they are not for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines

More
23 Apr 2022 01:39 #243072 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic New Jimny....what mods?
If you're in a tropical climate the "wind deflectors" are a must have - they allow you to leave the windows down an inch or so without risking getting the interior wet in a sudden shower of rain.

Not having them means coming back to a car that's 120+ *F, tint is also a must have for similar reasons.

More
23 Apr 2022 08:02 #243078 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny....what mods?
Everyone's needs will vary, but I wouldn't bother with any of those upgrades listed. I've fitted loads of upgrades/accessories over the last 3 years, many of which I've subsequently removed, but of those that remain, the ones I'd recommend and happily buy again are:

1. Escape Gear canvas seat covers.
2. Rear speakers.
3. Adjustable intermittent wiper stalk.
4. Dynamat sound deadening
5. Reversing camera.
6. Yokohama G015 A/T tyres in 215/75R15

More
29 Apr 2022 18:31 #243187 by Trakito1
Replied by Trakito1 on topic New Jimny....what mods?
+1 on the Escape Gear seat covers. Excellent craftmanship, also rids of 'static' shocks when you exit the vehicle in the summer!

I recommend a Disklok steering wheel security/theft deterrent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
29 Apr 2022 21:30 #243188 by 300bhpton

+1 on the Escape Gear seat covers. Excellent craftmanship, also rids of 'static' shocks when you exit the vehicle in the summer!
When I swapped the tyres on mine it stopped the electric shocks.

More
30 Apr 2022 07:01 #243189 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic New Jimny....what mods?
Why any of them?

It's good straight out of the box, so just use it for a while and see what sort of issues you encounter and what's available to improve.

That is unless it's purely cosmetic changes you are after, then let your imagination run wild and have fun. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds