BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Who's Jimny is in Total Off road This month

More
13 May 2009 15:32 #685 by Baz2236
Its look alirght in them pics not read the full article yet but just looked at the pics.

Well done on getting it in.

Baz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2009 15:55 #688 by bazwidajimny
hi its mine thanks for your comments im very happy with the picks and write up thay said it got 100bhp but thay for got to say about my exhaust decat witch has given me the 20 more bhp lol thay missed out a few good picks ov it offroading 1 with water over the bonnet and the jump 1 i had all 4 wheels in the air im very happy to get it in a lot ov hard work but worth it any 1 thinking about puting thear jeep in should go for it the buzz you get seeing it in thear will never go away :)

More
13 May 2009 16:53 #689 by TONK
Hi Baz, ive not seen your truck in mag yet, but was interested in your exhaust, did you just chop of the decat and weld on another pipe, or was it not as easy as that? 20 BHP sounds very intereting. Cheers TONK

More
13 May 2009 19:05 #690 by bazwidajimny
took the exhaust off where the cat is , cut the top of the box open, ripped the guts of the cat out so its hollow. welded it back up ,-bein carefull not to damage the lambasensor-unbolt this carefull. bolt it back on -JOB DONE- lol.
u'll see a very big difference in revs and power, i sugest fitting a k&n and doing away with the original airbox.

bazz.

More
13 May 2009 19:46 #691 by TONK
I will make that my next job, already chopped off rear box made new side exit pipe, added K&N filter, these made some difference. Tonk

More
13 May 2009 19:55 #692 by Baz2236
Does it still pass MOT without the CAT I like the idea of getting rid of the back box and putting somthing like a cherry bomb or a bike can on the back to give it a bit more or a roar.

Baz

More
14 May 2009 16:13 #693 by bazwidajimny
some times no cat will pass an mot but mine was dead any way cozz ov geting so hot then driveing in to cold rivers so i need a new or second hand cat for mot next year any way but its worth it my jeep is a lot more free reving runs biger tyers mutch better just a kan and my cheery bomb made a pit ov a diffrencs i made it come streat out the back ov the jeep so wont get wacked so mutch when off road ill just swop the down pipe and cat over for the mot if it dont pass

More
15 May 2009 13:28 #694 by TONK
Removed exhaust today, cut out cat welded around cut , bolted exhaust back on, job done in less than an hour. I will give it a good test on Sunday, driving to Stainby with Peterborough 4X4 club for RTV trial and play day, all welcome £25.

More
15 May 2009 15:06 #697 by bazwidajimny
good man it will rev like fook let me no whot u think m8

More
15 May 2009 16:35 #698 by Baz2236
Let us know how it goes without the CAT I am going to be taken my backbox off after MOT and maybe fittin a chery bomb or a boke can.

Is Peterbourgh 4x4 club still going I did not think they were still going I am only in Ely and could do with some other suzukis to go out with,

Baz

More
15 May 2009 20:30 #699 by TONK
Hi Baz, Peterborough 4X4 club folded 4/5 years ago, a friend of mine has started a new club called Peterborough off road, this has been going for around 2 months, next event will be at Stainby, meet at harvester pub nr Peterborough showground 8.15 am or at Stainby 9am NG33 5QP. Lots of events are booked for this year ALL 4X4s are welcome, am the only Suzuki so it would be great to see more, £25 entry free burgers included. Give calum a ring on 07979 383818, events are booked every 2 weeks.

More
15 May 2009 20:32 #700 by TONK
will do, let you know on Sunday.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds