BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Manual levelling headlights

• prolecs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2022 11:16 #242018 by prolecs
Manual levelling headlights was created by prolecs
Hi,
Can anyone shed some light on levelling headlights for Mk3 Jimny? 
The switch is listed in the parts list 35180-54G00, and I have a wiring diagram, but I cannot find motors or alternative headlights (if they are required), or ANY mention of the option. I'm in Aussie and as far as I know, our models were never fitted with this option, but some overseas models were.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2022 13:51 #242024 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Manual levelling headlights
My Gen3 has manual levelling headlights and uses the switch you mentioned. The headlights have a motor on the back, but I don't know if the headlight unit is different to one that doesn't have the motor.

A search on the web 'Jimny headlights motor' shows them available new for about £10 in the UK.

There might be a number of problems in retro fitting, does your car have the wiring? Are the headlight units suitable?

Second hand headlight units are expensive, about £80 each so if yours are not suitable this might make it too expensive.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• prolecs
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2022 04:49 #242031 by prolecs
Replied by prolecs on topic Manual levelling headlights
Thanks Robin, seems they are common fitment in the UK, standard or option do you know?
As I can't find an alternative headlight part number ANYWHERE, I'm guessing (and hoping) they are the same headlight. Headlights new or used are expensive in Aus too, God knows why they have used the same one for a long time.
The motors appear common to many brands/models and as I have some Astra motors, I will pull a headlight out to investigate when the rain stops (very much UK weather at the moment, rain rain rain - for days on end!)
There is some unconnected wiring/plugs near the back of the headlights both sides, but this may be for the front fog lights not fitted on mine (but from memory, they are only two wire plugs and the motor needs three wires). No worry though, I will make a loom if I can confirm the headlights are common. Motors and switch appear available having been used in various S models.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Feb 2022 05:17 #242032 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Manual levelling headlights
All my Jimny have been motorized headlights so I guess it is a standard thing. The motors just sort of twist out of the lamp cluster rear frame.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Feb 2022 12:54 #242037 by lightning
l wish the headlights were adjustable on our Gen 4

They are obviously LED and really bright, l keep getting flashed by oncoming vehicles.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Feb 2022 13:57 #242041 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Manual levelling headlights
They should have some kind of adjustment screws for aiming them correctly.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
25 Feb 2022 20:49 #242051 by crash486

lightning wrote: l wish the headlights were adjustable on our Gen 4

They are obviously LED and really bright, l keep getting flashed by oncoming vehicles.

I was under the impression the Japanese model has manual levelling switch and most other models of the gen 4 has a load levelling switch on the rear diff.

crash486 JB74W

More
25 Feb 2022 22:49 #242053 by lightning
l'm sure it has, but l could do with it setting them a bit lower.

More
26 Feb 2022 06:39 #242056 by mlines
They have aim adjusting screws.

The manual adjustment (SZ4/LCV) and rear diff adjustment (SZ5) is just for load adjustment

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
26 Feb 2022 09:36 #242058 by Soeley

l'm sure it has, but l could do with it setting them a bit lower.
It seems a lot left the factory with them set at the very top of the limit. I had my dealer adjust them down when it had its 2000 mile check. They have white adjusting screws on the back of the headlight. Once the correct datum is set the manual/auto adjuster is used to adjust them to suit the load.

More
26 Feb 2022 09:55 #242060 by mlines
Gen 4 headlamps

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

More
27 Feb 2022 11:12 #242072 by lightning
That's really useful, thank you.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds