BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2022 LCV allocation

More
20 Jan 2022 13:02 #241316 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Hi All

Anybody know if more LCV's are due in 2022? I'm on the list at a dealer but they have no info as like most dealers and Suzuki GB are no better.
I missed out on a Black SZ4 when they were launched, then a Black LCV as no PCP plan was set up in place last summer by Suzuki GB, so hoping for 3rd time lucky! Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2022 15:50 #241319 by No Stock Available
400ish for the year again for the whole country as far as we at my dealership have been told

More
25 Mar 2022 08:28 #242492 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Replied by COTSWOLDJIMNY on topic 2022 LCV allocation
Disappointed to hear 400 are coming into the UK this year but after contacting 3 dealers they replied by saying none are coming?... Hmmm the dreaded inflated demo's again:(

More
25 Mar 2022 09:17 #242493 by No Stock Available
to be fair since the start of the year and supply issues i think not much are coming through, we have not been given one at all so far this year.

More
25 Mar 2022 20:52 - 25 Mar 2022 20:53 #242500 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic 2022 LCV allocation
Limited stock currently available according to Suzuki's GB website

Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2022 20:53 by lightning.

More
29 Mar 2022 07:40 #242541 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
That is outdated information so Suzuki GB said to me yesterday. They have no information on when and if any are coming this year.

That means 400 will turn up next week at the docks LOL

More
24 Aug 2022 08:32 #244718 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Hi All

So there is a slim chance I may get offered a new LCV next month. No idea on colour or price as yet to land, so unsure if the dealer will register first as a demo (likely I guess as seems the norm) . However looking at the amount on Autotrader (20+)) that have been on there for months ranging from £22 - £28k it look like interest has moved to pastures new? So wondering if anyone has more info on real values currently and should I walk away if not at list, as to avoid catching a really bad cold in a year or 2 should I want or need to change. Thanks

More
24 Aug 2022 09:48 - 24 Aug 2022 09:52 #244720 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic 2022 LCV allocation
It probably all comes down to what its worth to you to be honest.

In the past everyone took an instant significant  hit the moment the car rolled off the forecourt. At present the assumption is that you make money as it leaves the forecourt. I think around £22 - £23k you may take a hit of a couple of thousand due to recession next year, but this would what you would have expected in the past before Covid anyway.

To offset this "loss" you have to ask yourself about smiles generated. We were flagged down last Sunday as we drove past a very excited Suzuki fan who had owned an SJ and Gen3 and was overjoyed to see a Gen4

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 24 Aug 2022 09:52 by mlines.

More
24 Aug 2022 11:42 #244721 by COTSWOLDJIMNY
Thanks Martin, No intention of selling if I manage to obtain one, but who knows what issues the recession will bring.
As you say, every time i see one it makes me happy and smile, unlike any other car.

More
24 Aug 2022 11:49 #244722 by Phooey
Replied by Phooey on topic 2022 LCV allocation
I’ve been offered 2 in the past week, at list price. I’ve bought one of them but a different dealer offered me a yellow car on Monday. It may still be there, and it’s at list price - £19999 plus paint £700. Admittedly a few dealers (I must of called approx 10) were saying they would register them first and add a margin but according to a source Suzuki have told them to sell at list only.

More
25 Aug 2022 06:54 #244729 by Abudougal
Replied by Abudougal on topic 2022 LCV allocation
The Edinburgh dealer has one coming in (it's probably sold now) but they were wanting 23 - something grand.

The website still says 16 something plus vat:)

More
25 Aug 2022 10:40 #244738 by No Stock Available
They will sell them at list price first, to the owners wife or something else.

Then it will appear as a pre reg few weeks later with 5k on it.

Suzuki cannot control this or stop it

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds