BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

key fob wanted

More
24 Dec 2021 11:40 #240770 by gilburton
key fob wanted was created by gilburton
  I'm still looking for a key fob. I have lost the battery contact otherwise it still works.If anyone has one kicking around let me know. I only want it for the battery contact so electronics etc not important.. 
It's this type with the semi circular contact with 2 prongs in the white part/

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2022 14:55 #240911 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic key fob wanted
Ok no one seems to have an old one kicking around lol
In that case can anyone tell me if any of the current ones for sale on ebay will accept the electronics and swap over?? They seem to have a different contact than this one.

More
05 Jan 2022 16:13 #240913 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic key fob wanted
There are a few possible solutions.

- You can get a battery with tags attached, this could be soldered into place.

- Or you can get self adhesive copper tape (it's sold as slug repellent to wrap round plant pots), then either make a contact or again solder the tape in place. You might need a little piece of insulation tape at some points.

- Finally with some spring metal you could probably make a contact.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
05 Jan 2022 16:18 - 05 Jan 2022 16:20 #240914 by DrRobin
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationA quick search on Google (Jimny keyfob) shows a number of options:

www.amazon.co.uk/Buttons-Remote-Replacem...a-562033068694&psc=1

These are all un-cut key, but you should be able to swap the spring clip over.

If you swap the whole key then it will need to be programmed to the car, so is more involved.

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 16:20 by DrRobin.

More
05 Jan 2022 16:31 - 05 Jan 2022 16:34 #240916 by gilburton
No that doesn't have any internals it's just a shell. I'm not sure if it even has the battery earth/holder in there and as it's chinese I can't ask.
Yes I can swap everything over but I only need the earth/holder in the white part of my original post to make it work.
I have swapped over in the past so it's no problem but as I don't have all the components it won't work hence my request for anyone with an old one to get that vital battery contact.
I did initially make something up using a coke can and it worked but it's not spring steel and didn't last long lol
I would probably need to be a watchmaker to knock something up as it's hard enough to see at my age lol

Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 16:34 by gilburton.

More
05 Jan 2022 16:37 - 05 Jan 2022 16:38 #240917 by DrRobin
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationGenuine keyfob on ebay Item 334098734883, the link isn't showing up.

Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4

Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 16:38 by DrRobin.

More
05 Jan 2022 17:17 #240918 by gilburton
Sorry no good either as the internals are completely different so mine wouldn't match the battery terminals.

More
05 Jan 2022 18:18 #240919 by gilburton
Ok I've temporarily sorted it. I've raked through my piles of old electronics and cannibalised one to get some spring steel and made up a contact which appears to work. It's just the battery holding it in place at the moment but I'll get some glue on it and secure it to the case once it proves itself. lol

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds