×
Fully Floating Rear Axle Kit (20 Oct 2021)

Brett and Riccy are please to announce the

G&D Floating Axle Kit

This add-in kit enables you to enhance your Gen3 Jimny to a fully floating rear axle

Full details are in the download file below

DOWNLOAD DETAILS HERE

File Attachment:

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Rocksliders/step

More
30 Jul 2021 11:27 #237156 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Rocksliders/step
I wonder if they'll need to change them for the LCV then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2021 11:54 #237157 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Rocksliders/step
Lambert, I wouldn't be surprised if you use high-lifts quite a bit on the farm. As I'm sure you're aware they can be dangerous things (not always that stable).
Sliders are built for sliding and would not be best suited to a jacking point. If you add bracketry you reduce the sliding ability. I've got Jimnybits sliders and I happily shove a high lift trolley under the mounting plates but that's on a level floor in near perfect conditions. Food for thought anyway, Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Jul 2021 19:38 #237167 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Rocksliders/step
Not without good cause do I call my high lift the "finger trapping harbinger of death". They demand the highest level of caution. But that said they're invaluable when nothing else will work. Looking at the design I was thinking that it would be possible to weld a couple of short tubes either end of the perforated sheet part and use a land rover adapter. However it's slightly academic as they are currently out of stock.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
The last of the gen3s, probably.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2021 21:29 #237176 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Rocksliders/step
When I had the SJ I used the mechanism from a VW "Monkey on a stick" jack and replaced the shaft with 2 pieces of tube that could screw together.

Worked well for the few times I needed it.

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2021 15:25 #237207 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Rocksliders/step
It's the only thing I kept when I left my Land Rover life behind me. I love and hate the Hi-lift Jack with a passion. It's too heavy, it's too dangerous, it's too expensive, it's too rattley , it's too rusty, it's got me out of some really sketchy bad situations off-road and on the land. It's been pounded, driven over, buried, used to extend a lever, man punished isn't the word.
And I thought how am I going to carry it on the Jimny , turns out Jimny doesnt need a Hilift Jack 90% of the time. The other 10% a small shovel or ratchet strap gets you home.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / ARB disconnect kit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

I hope you enjoy using this forum. Please consider making a donation towards the upkeep of this forum website.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.