BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Jimny production expanded

More
11 Jan 2021 20:20 - 11 Jan 2021 21:32 #231708 by mlines
Not much consolation to us in Europe, but Suzuki are trialling production ready to expand.

www.rushlane.com/maruti-india-plant-jimn...uction-12387352.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 11 Jan 2021 21:32 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2021 21:18 #231710 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Jimny production expanded
Link appears to be invalid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines

More
11 Jan 2021 21:32 #231712 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny production expanded
Thanks, now edited

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

More
11 Jan 2021 23:45 - 12 Jan 2021 08:55 #231715 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Jimny production expanded
They may make the commercial version  which may reduce the waiting times For the European markets?
I hope their quality control is as good as Suzuki's, I remember when Dacia moved their Duster manufacturing for the UK market to Chennai in India the quality control was dreadful and it was a PR disaster. Dacia had to eventuality source all the UK Dusters from the Romanian factory as the reputation of an Indian built Duster was damaging the brand.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2021 08:55 by Foxtrot.

More
12 Jan 2021 09:45 #231723 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Jimny production expanded
All of the Swifts (except the sport), Ertigas, Ignis, etc., that we get here in South Africa, are made in India. I haven't heard of any issues regarding quality. I have driven a couple of the models, and they seem to be well made.

More
13 Jan 2021 21:49 - 13 Jan 2021 21:50 #231779 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Jimny production expanded
I just hope that they finally start producting the LWB edition and that at least one LWB vehicle finds its way into Europe.
I will then look for it, I will find it and I will steal it :)
Last edit: 13 Jan 2021 21:50 by Bosanek.

More
15 Jan 2021 09:52 #231826 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny production expanded
I believe the main issue with the initial UK supply was poor finishing, this appearing as rust on body panels. In the wet damp UK with salted roads this environment soon shows up issues related to body protection. If this was a result of the India production facility then it's something to watch with any Suzuki's initially produced in India.  Couple this to Suzuki's "just enough" protection ethos and it could be a recipe for disaster.
That said we won't know for sure until we get one wet:D
​​​​​​

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
15 Jan 2021 10:03 #231828 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Jimny production expanded
They are not currently produced in India, so that is not a cause of any issues.

The finish is not really any different to the Gen3, it seems to be more that the "new" audience for the Gen4 Jimny are more critical of finish of a chassis based vehicle that any  longer term owners. The chassis puts much more visible "metal" in the view of anyone looking including the radius arms etc. and a lot onnew owners have not owned a chassis based vehicle. These get the same coatings of surface rust etc that the Gen3s have. Equally, the apparent thin paint finish on internal areas (inside the engine bay etc.)  is the same as our Gen3s. Now its true that this is rust issue area on vehicles of 10 years plus, but my point it is that it is no better or worse than it has ever been. You could answer that it should be better in the new version but I guess the answer is that they are a utility vehicle built to a price.

The only Gen4 specific issue that has been raised is corrosion around the spare wheel mounting bolts.

Martin

More
15 Jan 2021 14:30 #231836 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Jimny production expanded
I always wondered why the Suzuki Jimny has such a poor paint finish under the bonnet or anywhere else you couldnt see, that lazy approach is something you would expect back in the 1970s. My 2016 Vitara paint finish was excellent, my daughters  2017 Ignis paint finish is also very good, so they can do it if they want.

More
20 Jan 2021 12:03 #231984 by lookonimages
See first one done.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
20 Jan 2021 13:53 #231990 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny production expanded
Not only the first one done, but the first ones exported. Looks like they are destined for less mature markets

www.rushlane.com/maruti-jimny-exports-fr...-start-12387141.html

Martin

The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

More
20 Jan 2021 14:58 #231992 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Re:Jimny production expanded

mlines wrote: Not only the first one done, but the first ones exported. Looks like they are destined for less mature markets

www.rushlane.com/maruti-jimny-exports-fr...-start-12387141.html

Definitely South Africa will be one of the destinations. Right hand drive with LED lights and no electronic safety stuff.  Phillipines - LHD and no electronic safety, halogen headlamps.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds