BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Any SZ4/5 owners fitted one of these? FORGE MOTORSPORT EXHAUST FOR SUZUKI JIMNY

More
08 Nov 2020 19:29 #229836 by RumbleAndSway
Noticed this amongst possible exhaust upgrades. Would this work with the OEM tow bar and electrics, without fettling or adjustment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2020 08:53 #229848 by Scimike
Tried to find it on the Forge website but failed, just interested as I don't have a GEN5.

I tend to steer away from exhaust and induction upgrade "kits" as they deliver very little (if anything) on an unmodified engine. Sure they make it sound better (louder), but that tends to be it. Nothing wrong in wanting something different, but I would go for a custom made exhaust to achieve my desired looks. It's going to fit, be unique and generally are a better quality than mass produced items.

If you have a link post it up so people can take a look.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
09 Nov 2020 12:25 - 09 Nov 2020 12:39 #229863 by 300bhpton
Not sure what the exhaust looks like and I can't see a link.

I would say, I really like how quiet the exhaust is on the Jimny. And they have a great intake growl. Normally I go for loud exhausts, but tbh 4 pot engines always sound a bit poor anyway.

Unless chasing HP, I'd stick with the standard one.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2020 12:39 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
09 Nov 2020 14:52 - 09 Nov 2020 14:58 #229869 by lookonimages
jimnystyle.com/collections/engine/produc...zuki-jimny-jb74-2018

Scroll down at the bottomis video if you want to see AND hear.

Go to 4min to hear start and idle.

The price sure is steep (for me anyway)
Last edit: 09 Nov 2020 14:58 by lookonimages.

More
09 Nov 2020 16:17 #229870 by 300bhpton
£1100 for that!!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I suppose it does include the worlds most tasteless exhaust tip though. :lol:

More
09 Nov 2020 16:32 #229871 by Scimike
I didn't think it would be cheap as the Forge cone filter and drain pipe induction kit was expensive.
But blimey, that's expensive!
Get a custom made one if you want bling, it's going to be half the price. If you want to go off-road think hard about expensive exhaust systems, it is possible to damage it and that cheap mild steel replacement starts to make sense.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
09 Nov 2020 19:55 #229879 by Soeley
If I was thinking of changing the exhaust, I'd be going back to Demon Tweeks. I had one made by them for my last car (Toyota iQ). Cat back, custom made in house, choose your own tailpipe, tell them how loud you want it. All stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. Just under £300 I think it was.

It was spot on as well, at cruising speed it was no louder than standard, but give it full throttle it had just a nice sound and tone to it.

More
09 Nov 2020 22:01 #229883 by Roger Fairclough
I like the bit just under the price tag where they ask how many you want. :woohoo:
Seriously though that is an expensive piece of kit that does not even give you an increase in power and the noise just attracts attention and for all the wrong reasons.

Roger

More
10 Nov 2020 07:26 #229889 by RumbleAndSway
Forum proves its worth again. All good points.

Guessing it also puts a question mark over the warranty.

Not something I’ll be doing.

More
10 Nov 2020 08:34 #229890 by sniper
Massive improvement (well, as big as you'll get with a 1300) when I fitted a 4-2-1 manifold and a 2" sports cat system from Tony Banks on my Gen3. If the Gen4 is as choked by it's exhaust as the earlier cars, they will get a big benefit from a free flow.

Not just about more power but how you get what is there..... Pulls cleanly from 1500 rpm in 5th and yomps up hills in high gears too, a lot more drivable.....

sniper
Attachments:

More
11 Nov 2020 07:11 #229916 by skywalker65
How did you get on with the mot emissions test with this exhaust system fitted and the sports cat. Been thinking about going down the stainless route myself.

If in doubt ...... Flat out ??

More
11 Nov 2020 10:58 - 11 Nov 2020 10:59 #229924 by Scimike
Hi Sniper, +1 on Skywalker's question.

I recall someone saying their first CAT collapsed and they simply removed to honeycomb, so only effectively had the second CAT for emission control. It appeared to be ok, but was not sure if it was subjected to UK testing.
So also interested if it's fine on a single CAT.
It does prompt the question why does the Jimny have two CATs?

Last edit: 11 Nov 2020 10:59 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds