BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Oh no tyres - Yoko GO15 or cooper AT3 -what are they like on the road

More
20 Sep 2020 20:38 #228383 by Scimike
Sorry all, I've had a search to avoid a tyre topic, but I just don't have any luck finding past posts, so here it is.

A nail through the side wall has pushed forward my need for new tyres. It's a G3 on standard 205/70/15 used primarily on the road for daily use, towing our caravan etc. I wanted a AT or all season tyre, but much web searching and the choice boils down to Cooper AT3 Sport or Yoko Geolander G015.
So anyone run these and how are they on the road?
Noise and fuel gone up or no difference?

Does the Cooper have blue writing on the side?

How are they in the snow? I believe the Cooper is M+S and the Yoko Snowflake rated, but it's not 10o% clear. Snow is important to me as I have a bad habit of heading off into blizzards anytime they appear. (I just like snow).

Thanks

Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2020 20:43 - 20 Sep 2020 20:44 #228384 by Gadget
G015 on mine and love them. No increase in road noise, feel more secure in the wet. I went up in size from 195/80 to 215/75 so they're a fair bit heavier and did drop fuel consumption a couple of mpg. Would have no hesitation in buying them again.

They are 3peak marked, but have had zero snow in the 18 months they've been on, so can't tell you how they are in snow.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2020 20:44 by Gadget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Sep 2020 03:25 #228387 by Lambert
Have you considered the bfg urban terrain? No increase in weight or fuel consumption or noise, very capable in all road conditions including slush and snow being a true all season, great on rocks and gravel and surprisingly competent in moderate amounts of mud. Very stable with a trailer on the back too.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Sep 2020 07:27 #228392 by Soeley
I have the Geolanders on my Gen4 in stock size (195/80/15). No increase in road noise from the Dueler H/T it came with from factory. MPG, can't say as I fitted them during in lockdown and still working from home so my commute have gone and only doing shorter trips now so MPG took a dive before fitting the Geolanders. Feel good on the road though.

More
21 Sep 2020 16:57 #228402 by Scimike
Thanks all.
Appreciate I've not let it run long, but my Jimny is out of action until I get new tyres, so I need to make a quick decision.
I had already got the Yoko G015's at the top of my short list, so no bad news means I've ordered them tonight.

Not considered the BFG Lambert, they look good, all be it at a higher price. My list of contenders is partly driven by my tyre place and what they can get quickly, so maybe next time.

Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Sep 2020 19:04 #228406 by Lambert
To be honest I pretty much weekly lust over a set of maxxis m8060 radial Trepadors and then just about as often I have to tow a trailer in the rain and every time I stop without firing the abs and ending up jack knifed in a ditch I am glad I have the urban terrain fitted.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Bazh1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Sep 2020 19:22 #228411 by Bazh1
I don't think you will be disappointed with the G015s, got some for the Jimny as every day tyres, liked them so much I got another set for my Disco 3.

More
21 Sep 2020 19:48 #228415 by Grim Reaper
The blue colour on the lettering is just a coating, it rubs off to reveal white underneath.

More
21 Sep 2020 21:40 #228428 by saxj
I was very happy with the the GO15's on road (no snow where I am), off road they give good result, but the puncture resistance is poor unless you can get the LT spec.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds