BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Oil Service light reset

More
27 Jul 2020 20:50 #225762 by mikemike39
SZ5 oil service light has come on. Vehicle only done about 4,000 miles from new so I guess just because it's 12 months old. We will never sell it so service stamps in the book are not needed, we do all our own maintenance.

I use Mobil1 for most cars, I'd be interested in recommendations for the Jimny, as well as oil filter suggestions

I'd also like to know how to "reset" the oil/spanner symbol!!

Many thanks, Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2020 20:53 #225763 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Oil Service light reset
The handbook tells you the recommended oils, I don't know what they are without looking. The oil light can be reset by going through the menus on the Multi-function display.

More
27 Jul 2020 21:37 #225765 by Grim Reaper
Replied by Grim Reaper on topic Oil Service light reset
Recommended oil is 0W-16 API SN ACEA A5/B5, not a very 'available' oil.(and not a very cheap oil either)
I am going to use Smith & Allan Momentum C5 SN 0W-20 at £9.71 +vat for 5 litres.
As a comparison, Shell Helix Ultra SN 0W-20 is £8.17 +vat per litre and I reckon the Smith & Allan own brand is the same stuff..
Strangely, Four 5 litre bottles of the Momentum C5 is cheaper than a 20 litre drum.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds