BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jun 2020 10:16 #224015 by Lambert
Off the top of my head I think it's 10 years for all last model parts and something like 15 for service parts? After that I think it becomes demand lead and aftermarket.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2020 11:10 #224016 by Foxtrot
I think you will be ok for spares Andy, non EU countries don't have to comply with the C02 regulations and Suzuki will have more than enough demand from these countries to keep a constant supply of Petrol derived GEN4 Jimmy's and spares

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2020 13:05 #224023 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website

mlines wrote: There is a EU directive about how long parts have to be held for and supplied, whilst the club is small in the UK we do have to include the EU in that vehicle count and the central stores are in the EU.

Reasuring info that. Appreciated.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2020 13:09 #224024 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website

Foxtrot wrote: I think you will be ok for spares Andy, non EU countries don't have to comply with the C02 regulations and Suzuki will have more than enough demand from these countries to keep a constant supply of Petrol derived GEN4 Jimmy's and spares

Even better! Good to know! Cheers guys.

On another point, im not at all impressed with my local suzuki dealer. Todays service went horrible!! Poor customer service, unfriendly at times, didnt have the right consumables in stock, and i had to assure them of things they should already know! Will post a seperate thread about this today some time.

More
26 Jun 2020 13:46 - 26 Jun 2020 14:50 #224025 by X8GGY
Posted by JimnyBits on facebook earlier today -

From here - cars.suzuki.co.uk/new-cars/jimny/

:(

So will the dealers raise prices or reduce them to sell them through...?
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jun 2020 14:50 by X8GGY.

More
26 Jun 2020 17:22 #224032 by Soeley
Play Your Cards style:

"Higher, higher"

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jun 2020 18:09 #224034 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic Re:GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website
So how many in the UK?
About 2k is my guess.

More
26 Jun 2020 19:29 #224036 by RumbleAndSway
Life is too short to sweat this stuff. The GEN4 is a gem. Use it, enjoy it. Keep it. Love it.

More
27 Jun 2020 02:11 - 27 Jun 2020 02:17 #224046 by Rabid Rhino
I think that anybody who has a gen 4 and takes it off-roading is crazy. You have a unicorn, look after it.
Sure, lift them and modify them, certainly rust prevent them, but if you want to go offroad get a gen 3.
When I had a new 4 door Vitara, just scratching it was more expensive than completely totaling an order vehicle so I got a 10 year old stock SJ.
Plus in the older vehicle you can tackle harder more damaging obstacles that you couldn't/shouldn't in your nice new 4x4.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2020 02:17 by Rabid Rhino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
27 Jun 2020 09:37 #224058 by Busta
People should probably just do whatever they want with their things....

But it is good news for Gen4 residual values for sure. Like most Suzukis they are a parts-bin special so for most things, apart from bodywork, parts will be easy to source; either direct replacements of alternative parts that will do the same job.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jun 2020 10:22 - 27 Jun 2020 10:23 #224071 by Lambert
Agree. I have never seen the point of being precious about how I use whatever vehicle I am using. I don't want to see destruction for it's own sake but equally having an off road vehicle and staying on tarmac confuses me, it's like having a Subaru and not at least occasionally driving it sideways!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 27 Jun 2020 10:23 by Lambert.

• 30 West
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2020 13:11 #224082 by 30 West
Replied by 30 West on topic GEN4 disappeared of the Suzuki website
Just picked up on this news. Supply and demand should mean they will hold their value well in the UK. Completely agree with the spares support logic as with the rest of the planet and a global supply network I would be surprised if we run into a problem. As someone has rightly pointed out it is in production, just not for the UK market in its present form.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds