BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

gen3 jimny headlights

• JackBates
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2019 12:53 #215389 by JackBates
gen3 jimny headlights was created by JackBates
Afternoon all,

Are Gen3 headlights cross compatible from 1998 to 2018? or did they make changes across the years? Girlfriends 2008 needs some in better condition. Cheers!

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Nov 2019 16:34 #215394 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic gen3 jimny headlights
As far as I am aware they are all the same. Unless there are some that don't have electrical height adjustments but I think they all do?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2019 19:12 #215398 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic gen3 jimny headlights
Headlight resteration kit no good?

• JackBates
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 08:02 #215406 by JackBates
Replied by JackBates on topic gen3 jimny headlights
Thanks for the responses,

Been asking around and seems there are two different lamp connectors; triangular and 'oblong'. Googled images and looks like she has the oblong type connector on the back side.

Daniel30- I thought the damage was too deep as it looks like whatever was put on the lenses has caused the plastic lens to spider crack but she's contacted a body shop who are taking a look to this morning so hopefully its something they can sort easily

Jack

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 10:43 #215418 by Daniel30
Yeah fingers crossed a lot less hassle :)

• GF68
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Nov 2019 11:15 #215419 by GF68
Replied by GF68 on topic gen3 jimny headlights
I was amazed at just how much difference this stuff made.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BHUPHSC/r...07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried to get some replacements from breakers and honestly they we all in terrible condition, so set about cleaning my ones with the stuff above and it made a really good job. Not saying good as new, but a really big improvement for very little effort.

More
06 Nov 2019 19:39 #215430 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic gen3 jimny headlights
Spider cracking may be a Jimny thing. Ours has "cracks" in the lens and I don't know why. It's not the same as the brown discoloration or opaque finish that you normally see, it looks like a true crack but I can't determine if it's on the inside or exterior. I have lightly polished the normal discoloration away, but don't want to sand the lens if it's not going to change the crack appearance.
I would be interested in what the body shop say.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• JackBates
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2019 08:03 #215467 by JackBates
Replied by JackBates on topic gen3 jimny headlights
Sooo

Body shop says too deep to polish as I suspected but worth a shot. now need to find a pair at a reasonable price! new are £200+ and second hand are close to £100!?

Are they in that high a demand for that price?

Anyone know a decent breakers with sensible prices :unsure:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2019 08:18 #215468 by Daniel30
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/profile/1482-j999pre

James deals with jimny parts could give him a message

More
08 Nov 2019 19:54 #215475 by Scimike
Thanks for taking the time to feed back the body shop results. As I suspect the cracks are too deep to sand out, so I shall not bother. I can't help with the demand for second hand units, but the options don't look cheap to replace. Mine are not bad enough to join you in the hunt for replacements, but I do wonder how many are affected by this and is it inevitable or a result the of previous owner actions?
Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Nov 2019 20:23 #215479 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic gen3 jimny headlights
I think it's inevitable as mine on Dreadnaught are showing signs after not quite 9 years and I know for a fact that nothing has been used or misused to adversely affect the plastic as I have known Dreadnaught from the moment of leaving the dealership on handover day.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
08 Nov 2019 20:35 #215484 by Scimike
I think you are correct. Interesting that ours are just 10 years old and the cracks are appearing, so potentially 9-10 years could be the life limit if you don't want cracks.
Can't be sure though.
Mike

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds